I'm going insane

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Rukia, Jan 20, 2011.

1. Rukia

Rukia Well-Known Member

I'm going fucking insane! My shoulder won't stop hurting and it's making me not able to sleep. Every movement fucking hurts.
    kbsfcvhjunswdlnasdcnalsdwjq ckd
    I know I need to see a doc, since it only gets worse, but knowing my doc I won't get an appointment until next month.
    I just want to chop it offfffffff.
    Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. :mad:

Ok, rant over...
  2. The Scream

The Scream Well-Known Member

sorry you experience such pain :hug:

it really sucks it's keeping you awake.. can't you ask your doc for an immediate appointment? maybe it helps if you tell him it keeps you awake at night...

have you tried any painkillers?
  3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I also know chronic pain, and yes, it is a good idea to make that MD appointment...there is so much that can be done to see what it is and how to help it recover, and decrease the pain...hope it does heal, J
  4. Ravenwing

Ravenwing Well-Known Member

I live with chronic intractable pain. :hugtackles: Do you have a wheat bag? Maybe warming it up and putting it on your shoulder may help? Feel better soon.
  5. Rukia

Rukia Well-Known Member

Thank you for taking time to reply. :hug:
    I have tried regular painkillers with no effect and I tried some herbal sleeping aid, but that didn't help either.

So I drove by the docs office and they had an appointment for me today(but not with my regular doc). I remember now why I hate docs, they are fucking useless. :mad: I know I have no reason to be angry, but docs tend to piss me off with their attitude.

The short version of the appointment:
    Him: So your shoulder hurts?
    Me: Yes
    Him: Does it hurt when you touch it?
    Me: No
    Him: Does it hurt when you stand still, lay down...?
    Me: Yes, it hurts most of the time, especially when I lay down. I can't sleep much because it hurts.
    Him: Stand up and lift your arms above your head.
    Me: Thats not possible.
    I stand up and show him how high I can get the arm
    He touches my shoulder and asks: Does this hurt?
    Me: No, it doesn't hurt when you touch it.
    He moves my arm around a bit without actually moving my shoulder.
    Him: It's nothing to worry about, I'll give you some painkillers
    Me thinking: Oh joy, more temptation.
    Me saying: Ok, can you give me something to help me sleep too?
    Him: No, the pain is the reason why you can't sleep, I'll give you some more painkillers.
    Me: Ok....
    He gives me the prescription and says: Keep the arm as still as you can, but that will stop itself. Hehe.
    Me thinking: That will be easy at work
    Me saying: Yeah, sure.
    When I turn to walk he says: If it's not better in 2 weeks you should come back.
    I just walk out thinking: If it's not better in 2 weeks, I won't be here. Grrrrr

When I pick up the painkillers I see that he gave me 10 days worth of one of them and 6 days worth of the other. So if the pain is not gone I won't have anything for the last days. Yey. :mad: I just wish he had checked if there was an infection or something and given me something for that instead. Painkillers trigger me so much, and my body doesn't like them at all. (Thats my fault and noone knows about it)

I know I'm a whuss, but after I had chronic head ache for like 7 years I don't deal with pain well. I'm not a person who curse much, well in writing I do, but not irl, and I think I have said Fuck(in norwegian) more times today than I did all last year.
  6. nanashikun

nanashikun Member

Awww, I'm sorry about your shoulder... hope you feel better soon! >__< And doctors are pretty useless sometimes; it's quite frustrating to go all the way to see them and have them tell you the most obvious things. Have you told any doctor about the problem with painkillers though? Maybe they will prescribe something else to help you.. .___.;;
  7. Rukia

Rukia Well-Known Member

Thank you.

I don't really want to tell any doc (or anyone else irl) that I should stay away from painkillers because then I'd have to tell him that I have abused it from time to time for many years. My body sometimes growls at me just for wanting to take 2 for a headache. But they didn't work anyway so I'll put them away. The other kind of painkillers did help a bit, but not enough to make me sleep enough.
  8. The Scream

The Scream Well-Known Member

Can't you make another appointment with your regular doc? at least you'll have a second opinion then =]
  9. Rukia

Rukia Well-Known Member

If it's not better on monday, I will try to get an appointment with him or get him to call me.