Im going off the meds. :)

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by wallflower, Feb 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wallflower

wallflower Well-Known Member

I have been doing well so far. It seemed that I reached a point where I felt the medication was acting as a mask and I could no longer experience reality freely.
    I started taking Melatonin at 300mgs which is combating the sleep problem of medications- which do rewire the way we sleep and dream. So far, nothing has happened except for one nightmare on the second night....ugh but my mom and dad got in a huuuuge fight and it really did trigger me into feeling like ----....but I am still going and struggling to stay stable. I don't feel as pressured into thinking in certain ways as I did when I was feeling conditioned by the medication. I wonder if my Pdoc will actually help/work with me on this. Or is she just as biased as most of them? That is the question I need to have an answer for, but yeah. I don't know how to get rid of a psychiatric label even if I can self-motivate myself out of the psychosis as I always have done...I just feel like giving in, and taking it but I do not feel sick yet....so....I do not know if I will get sick, and maybe I won't. I just wish it was made sense that's all, and my dad is being supportive....too. I want to write something for this amazon novel contest on createspace but I'm not sure I can do 50,000+ words in one day, I have done 20,000 though before in a single day, it was a memoir which is easier than fantasy or fiction.

2. Mikeintx

Mikeintx Well-Known Member

Please work with your doctor when going off of medication. Also use google and find some forums that descibe the specific drug you are on so you can learn about the side effects you may experience. Many of these drugs are very difficult to get off of without the help of a doctor. Good luck :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.