I'm going to be homeless soon, methinks

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Dubstepper, Feb 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dubstepper

Dubstepper Staff Alumni

So, its T-minus 4 days and counting till i cant pay my rent, and am forced to move. I dont have anywhere to go, so i dont know whats in store for me. I'll be losing everything I have gained, not to mention my self-esteem. I'm not looking for monetary help here, it's just that i dont know where to go at this point...

I know some of you have been homeless before, and i ask if you can help me? I don't know where to turn, what to do. I won't have SF except in places with WiFi access.

Maybe this is just God telling me that whatever life i have left is to be given up. maybe... as much as i've avoided this... its just time to finish off. At this point, im a turtle on its back with nobody around to flip it upright, and im doing my best not to let that affect me, but it does.

If there was a way for me to keep living here, i'd seize it. Im afraid that once i become homeless, im going to lose my fiancee.. thats worse than losing everything.

I dont know what to do.... :(

2. me myself and i

me myself and i Account Closed

Oh Mikel my friend, i am so proud of you, for your wise words and caring and your abstinence from self harm.
    I dont know much about being homeless in any situation, and am not even sure where you live.
    No matter where you are though, your self-esteem and goodness need never leave you, i hope you find the answers somewhere.
    When i first came here as a dead man walking, you where one of three people that helped save my life. For that i thank you from the bottom of my heart.
    Please stay strong and safe.

3. GoldenPsych

GoldenPsych Well-Known Member

What country do you live in?

4. Julia-C

Julia-C Well-Known Member

If you live in America, you can call your local Red Cross office they can help find you a place with a roof over your head.If you can't find the Red Cross number in your area, then call the local Fire Department. They are very good at helping with temporary housing. They helped me when my house burned down in April of 09.

I hope it all works out for you :)

5. jxdama

jxdama Staff Member Safety & Support

cant you move in with your fiancee?

6. doityourself

doityourself Well-Known Member

If you live in the US and have had the eviction notice posted you can go to your local courts and ask for an extension of stay, which means will give you more time to either make an arrangements with current landlord or to look for somewhere else to live, I believe you can ask up to 90 days, atleast in my state you can. You can also ask them to waive the filing fees due to your situation. (not to be taken as legal advice, Im not an attorney)

Hope that helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.