I'm going to change

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by Ryy, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Ryy

Ryy Well-Known Member

First of all, i'm not sure if this is in the right place. (I wasn't sure if this should be in heal or not)

Tonight i seem to be feeling pretty good, so i may as well start to do something positive while i feel like this. :)

This time last year i started a diet, i lost a good amount of weight, i felt good, more confident, some what happy. In four month i lost 3 stone, i don't know if that's good or not but i'm proud of it, but the past eight month that diet has gone to hell, eating junk food every week ect.

What i plan on cutting out is snacking through the day, at the moment i don't have meals, just snack through the day, so i'm going to start eating a sensible breakfast, dinner and tea, cut out the junk. Once i lose some of the weight, and get comfortable i hope to start exersizeing like going for a jog around the estate. So, hopefuly this time next year, i will look like a different person.

Why am i telling you this?
    I'm telling you because, i need the ... I need to tell you because if i don't say anything i will wake up tomorrow and be like "f*ck it i'm not going to bother", so if i say this now i've told some one so in a way it's (for me) like a kick in the backside to get started and stick with it, if you know what i mean.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2012
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Good luck hun ok you can do this and make you feel so much healthier let us know how you do ok hugs

3. letty

letty Banned Member

thats great Ryan i wish you the best . thats awesome

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Best of luck Ryy, hope it works out well for you :) And, thanks for sharing with us :)

5. Samara

Samara Account Closed

I hope that you can keep this promise to yourself to fulfil the goal and to work through the hard times to create this change. It's obviously to your benefit. You deserve the satisfaction. You deserve to do something just for yourself... something beautiful and something where you can actually see the change happening as you work on it.

Good luck with this!

6. Ryy

Ryy Well-Known Member

Thank you all for your kind words of encouragement. It's actually going well. :)

7. TheLoneWolf

TheLoneWolf Well-Known Member

Keep up the good work :thumbup:

And remember, if you hit a plateau, don't get discouraged... just switch up the routine a bit. The body will begin to adjust to specific diets and exercises, so if it seems like your progress is slowing down, that's when it's time to try something different. Example: if you're on a low fat diet, you could try switching to low carb. Or do both low fat and low carb. Eat lots of small, healthy meals throughout the day. LOTS OF PROTEIN. Protein is essential. Choose complex carbs over sugars. Avoid alcohol, as it will slow down your metabolism and be converted into sugars which in turn get converted into body fat (I should know). Low intensity workouts are actually best for burning fat, high intensity is best for improving stamina and cardio function. Also try to incorporate some strength training / muscle building exercises, as muscle helps your body burn fat. Stay hydrated. Drink cold water to speed your metabolism. Eat fiber rich foods for digestive regularity and to keep you feeling full longer. Try to consume carbs before a workout and protein after a workout... the carbs will give you the energy to exercise longer, while the protein will help your body rebuild muscle, recover faster, and burn more calories.

Just a few tips I've picked up in case you're interested.

8. Samara

Samara Account Closed

YAY! :) I hope it continues that way too! :bubble:

9. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I am a strong believer of putting things out to the Universe to make myself accountable...to hold myself to my goals and to reread it, if I need to, to keep with the program...like it was said, if you fall off the wagon, or reach a point where you are not seeing the success you desire, it is time to review the program, not abandon it...best of luck and please make your goals small and reachable...there is nothing more reinforcing than success

10. silent_enigma

silent_enigma Well-Known Member

Best wishes! I'll be thinking of you, I have similar goals.