I'm going to do it. Tonight.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Thinice, Feb 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thinice

Thinice Well-Known Member

I've had enough. It's time for me to go, and I don't feel bad.

Who knows, I might survive. But I'll be damned if I'm not going to give it a try.
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Thinice, dont do it. There's so much still here for you.

Why tonight? :sad:
  3. Leiaha

Leiaha Well-Known Member

4. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

Please don't. What's going on?
  5. Thinice

I've had enough of trying to cope with everything. Doing drugs, smoking, cutting myself... nothing helps. I don't want to live this life any longer, I'm going to try to do it. As soon as my parents go to bed, I'm going to have a cigarette, write my letter and then that's it.

I appreciate all the help SF has given me. You're all great people, really.
  6. HOW

HOW Well-Known Member

7. Leiaha

Leiaha Well-Known Member

please dont thinice :(

talk about it please, maybe someone here has just what you need to hang on

Lea :cheekkiss:
  8. middleofnowhere

middleofnowhere Well-Known Member

Hey, thinice. I hope you'll give yourself another day. I don't know how many times I've done that. It seems helpful to promise yourself or someone else that you'll give it a day.

9. Jenny

Jenny Staff Alumni

Hi there,

Really sorry things are so difficult for you that you're planning on ending your life tonight. Has anything happened to make you feel this way?

We're here if you want to talk about how you're feeling.. i care

PS I deleted the threads debating the effectiveness of hug replies.. the debate isn't exactly supportive and we have a soap box forum for such threads
  10. Petal

Taking drugs,cutting and smoking will never help.
    Seeking professional help will. Please don't give up. See a doctor tomorrow and tell them how you are feeling.They can help you hun :hug:
  11. Synesthetic Soul

Synesthetic Soul Well-Known Member

Thinice, I know you must be having a major hard time right now, but please don't do it. Like sweetheart said, cutting, drugs, and smoking won't help. So of course you feel just as bad, if not worse! Please go to a doctor and talk to someone. Seek out help. And as always, we're here for you. :hug:
  12. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

Sometimes I have to tell myself one more day, sometimes I tell myself one more hour, even one more minute. It might sound silly but these little compromises have seen me through some very long and desperate nights. There's also the distress centre line (look in the front of the phone book). Talking to another person about your plan can be such a relief. Finally, if you are ready, there is professional help. Like sweetheart says, start with a doctor, any doctor and let them assist. You are not alone in this, and you will never be alone. There are so many people who want to help you, both on this site and in real life. Please let us help.
  13. Thinice

Guys... I can't do it. I've taken 7 pills, I need at least 20 to die. Now I got this point it occured to me "Do I really want to do this?". I started talking to a friend I know online and he begged me to stop. I just broke down in tears, I can't do it.

I can't see my life ever being as good as it was before, being as though everything want wrong for me in the space of about 3 weeks. I don't think I can repair what's happened but at the same time, it's hard to realise that I'm about 13 pills away from never feeling anything, ever again.

Thank you so much, everyone. The level of support I've had here is unbelieveable, especially since you don't even know me and I'm just a stupid teenager who's been posting regularly for maybe, 1 week?

Maybe I can fix this. But I can't actually bring myself to take any more pills. This was something I didn't forsee...
  14. silent_enigma

silent_enigma Well-Known Member

Well.... maybe see a doctor tomorrow?
  15. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I hope you change your mind. Give yourself time to get in a different frame of mind. Talk to us or find something else to distract yourself. You can make it through. :hug:
  16. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey Tom,
    You said it yourself. You are a teenager and those are some awkward times. You are going thru both physical and mental changes. Your hormones seem to be all out of wack.
    You should sit your parents down and have a serious talk with the. Let them know you are having all kinds of crazy thoughts(you don't have to mention the suicidal ones unless you want to). Tell them you need to talk to a therapist. You can trust a therapist to help you sort this mess out.
    I'm 52 and rely heavily on mine. There is so much for you to see and experience in this world, don't let lifes changes take that away from you. Take care!!~Joseph~
  17. UndeddMonkey

UndeddMonkey Member

Good to see that you've had second thoughts Thinice. Lucky for you you tried a slow way. Please don't take anymore pills - and don't take any alcohol or over the counter or prescription drugs as they might react with what you have already taken.
    When I was 14 I made my first suicide attempt. I chose a quick way. I failed and it was nothing but problems (hospitals, shrinks, social workers, etc.) None of those helped, but that's me. Some people that does help. You are still in a position where you don't have to have others know certain things about you.
    If you can talk to your parents I suggest you do so. Chances are you already have a shrink if you have those pills and know so much about them. If you can't talk to your parents don't - some people's parents are just part of the problems (mine are). You can always talk to us here on SF. As for shrinks... I hate them but I'm not going to deny that they don't do a lot of people a lot of real good, it depends on the shrink I and it depends on the person so I'm gunna leave that one alone for now.
    I think finding a reliable distraction from your pain was a good suggestion. Also try to form goals - little ones, things you can occupy your time trying to achieve. Ones that are not too hard just a little time consuming. Things that will make you feel good about yourself when you achieve them - that helps. I'm glad ya got a little fear in you tonight (something I never got from failed suicide attempts. Perhaps if I did there wouldn't be so many). I hope you can find a little that makes life worth enduring. If you ever need someone to talk to just PM me, don't hesitate. I'd just like to be there to help if I can.
  18. Petal

I'm glad you are still with us. :hug:
  19. shazzer

shazzer Well-Known Member

I'm glad your still with us and I hope your feeling a little better today. As others have said try talking to your parents or if you can't maybe try talking to another adult who you trust or try your doctor who will understand how your feeling and will try and help sort things out stay safe :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.