i'm going to drink myself to death

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Arthur, Apr 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arthur

Arthur Account Closed

I can't handle all my troubles anymore, i'm going to drink myself to death

2. spidy

spidy Well-Known Member

Let me tell you from experience of trying to drink yourself to death not a good idea been down that road and ended up with an adiction which then make everything seem twice as bad.Getting help might be a better way to deal with what your going through and finding steps to help yourself get better alcohol great thing for a little while but it is a depressant.

3. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I've watched a few people die slowly and painfully from drinking too much. It was horrifying to watch, and I'm sure it was a hundred times worse to experience.

Please get some help, and talk to us. What's wrong?

4. Baldr

Baldr Moderator Staff Member Safety & Support

Eric, don't kill yourself. There are ways of getting a better life.

5. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

Getting help definitely is the answer. Alcohol only adds to depression. Further, you're more likely to pass out each time and then have to suffer a bad hangover after each attempt - not to mention the destruction of your liver. Don't further torture yourself... seek out help for the root cause of the problems.

6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I fully agree with what pickwithaustin has said. You'll end up feeling even worse than you do now. Please keep talking about your problems, you might even find a solution :)

7. gloomy

gloomy Account Closed

I would never want to drink myself to death… it seems like one of the slowest, most agonizing things you could possibly do with yourself.

8. marjoke

marjoke Account Closed

Arthur...please don't...
    There are people who want to listen to you...there are people who will be there for you...
    so please...don't give up...drinking is not the solution for your problems...please...talk to somebody...

9. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

:/ Well I tried to drink myself to death once... yeah lets say that was a failed endeavor at best, because once the booze was in my system. I started acting on old instincts. One of which was sleeping next to my toilet. There are ways to do it... but.. well I will not share them because that was part of an intellectual discussion a co-worker and I had about substances in general. Including their effects on psychological drugs.

What are you problems. Explain to me what they are and why they are a problem. If anything I could give potential solutions.

10. jxdama

jxdama Staff Member Safety & Support

we are here to help you art. you are a great guy.

11. Arthur

Arthur Account Closed

i'm going to an AA-meeting this week, cause my alcohol intake is way over any limits

12. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I'm really glad you're going to an AA meeting!! :hug:

13. Arthur

Arthur Account Closed

i'm trapped, i can't go on like that, life has no meaning to me, my job sucks, i suck at my job, i miss my friends living at the coast of belgium, i miss feeling good

14. Arthur, visit your friends in Belgium coast. :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.