I'm going to go.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by ConfusedSilence, Mar 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ConfusedSilence

ConfusedSilence Well-Known Member

I've started cutting again, but now it's worse. They're deeper and I can never remember the pain afterwards. I didn't even think about it. I was just in the shower and I picked up the blade and that was that. That really scares me.

For the first time, I'm actually considering going to the doctor seriously. Should I take someone with me? I haven't cut for almost a year and even then only one friend knew about it. I don't know if I can trust her to think about my feelings though, we're not as close anymore. I don't know what to do. I can't go by myself. I'll end up leaving right before my appointment. But there's nobody else who knows, and I can't tell anybody else about how I feel and what I do. I don't want to burden them.

I really need somebody to take care of me right now, more than ever.

What should I do? Please.

2. solutions

solutions Well-Known Member

Well, if you can't find one person you're willing to confide in, then it's not going to work. You'd need at least one close friend to accompany you. Surely you can trust one to just sit with you.

If it becomes the case that you refuse to bring anyone along, then you'll need a strategy to prevent yourself from leaving. Maybe a note for yourself to read every time you feel like leaving, something that reminds you of why you came in the first place, and what the consequences are if you choose to leave.

3. GoldenPsych

GoldenPsych Well-Known Member

How about writing to the doctors a couple of days before you go so that when you go for your appointment they will know what it's already about and you don't have that worry of having to blurt it all out.

xx

4. Lizzieni

Lizzieni Well-Known Member

That's a good idea - great if Gp has email. I went to a&e and sat for 4 hours. When I told my Gp he said he could treat me alot quicker - working hours only obviously. I know I have a seriously good Gp but once he knew he let me come to the surgery with only a phone calls notice. He didn't make me me any treatment room or nurses, he understood my privacy issues. Saying that if your cuts are really deep and need actual stiches rather than paper ones you will have to go to emergency room -in the Uk anyway!

When I did go to the emergnecy room I phone a crisis line and they talked me through it and keep ringing me every 20 minutes as I waited, gving me company even if it wasn't physically in the room. Crisis lines are great if you don't trust a friend. Good luck.

5. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

^ this sounds really good

if you call a crisis line, they could call you back, or stay on the phone with you and talk you through going maybe?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.