Im going to order groceries from Walmart express

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shannew

In Aus, I order from Woolworths. The same kind of store I think, it's very convenient but they've hiked up the delivery charges from $4 to $15 :O

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
I order every week and pick up and it works out well. Having them delivered is the same idea (you place the order online, they pick them, the substitutions work the same etc) but then a third party delivers them to you for a fee. I feel like if it's worth that extra few bucks not to have to pick them up then go for it. I am really happy not to have to do the shopping, esp right now with covid, but having them delivered pokes my cheapness button too hard.

Angie

Safety & Support
SF Supporter
I order them and go pick them up. Its wonderful. Just remember to uncheck substitutions at the checkout phase, otherwise you get weird stuff.

I've not figured out the delivery charges yet, but if I get sick and can't drive I will.

Nick

☆☆Admin-tastic ☆☆
Safety & Support
SF Social Media
SF Artist
SF Supporter
I live way too far from Walmart, they won't deliver out here. The local grocery store delivers though. I get free delivery for a year, so I just order that up and have them bring it on over. I just have to order at least $30 worth for them to bring it. I can also go pick it up at the store, which is just a few miles away. Don't get the same sales though that way, so sometimes it's best to just go in.

LonelyHiker

Incidental aka FairWeather™
SF Supporter
Nope....I go to the store same as always...I work in one anyway, so I'm already in a high-risk/essential business scenario..I don't trust strangers to shop for me and get it right, nor do I want to download yet another app and expand my digital footprints further than I already have.

WildCherry

Owner Emeritus
I've used WalMart's delivery often, but especially now with Covid. You should be able to activate a free 15-day trial for delivery so you can get your order without paying the fees. Just remember to cancel the trial in 2 weeks, because if you don't, you'll be charged monthly for their unlimited service.

Kiwi2016

🦩 Now a flamingo, not a kiwi 🦩
SF Pro
We signed up for instacart as my husband who is at risk did all the grocery shopping...and so each week he orders from a different store as can get different things...it has worked well and the shoppers always comment on his detailed notes...lol... but admit it is nice to not have to go shopping and just pick them up off the front porch.

Nick

☆☆Admin-tastic ☆☆
Safety & Support
SF Social Media
SF Artist
SF Supporter
We signed up for instacart as my husband who is at risk did all the grocery shopping...and so each week he orders from a different store as can get different things...it has worked well and the shoppers always comment on his detailed notes...lol... but admit it is nice to not have to go shopping and just pick them up off the front porch.
Instacart is who delivers mine, and they do good with substitutions and what not. It's a good program. It is very nice to just pick them up off the porch. We don't have a lot of options, because I live in the middle of nowhere, but I'm glad that I can get things that way.

Kiwi2016

🦩 Now a flamingo, not a kiwi 🦩
SF Pro
Instacart is who delivers mine, and they do good with substitutions and what not. It's a good program. It is very nice to just pick them up off the porch. We don't have a lot of options, because I live in the middle of nowhere, but I'm glad that I can get things that way.
I am glad that you find them as good as we do. The shoppers also are always quite courteous. Glad they go to the hinterlands as well (just kidding...I used to live in the hinterlands so can relate).

WildCherry

Owner Emeritus
I've used InstaCart a few times. The last time was a hot mess... I could tell the shopper just didn't care because the substitutions were awful, and most of the fresh fruits were damaged and rotten. But I know that's not the norm... the other times I've used the service, it's been better. I wish Shipped was available in my area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00