I'm Going To Run Out

Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by just_me_again, Oct 12, 2015.

1. just_me_again

just_me_again Active Member

I'm in college and I had been so busy that I hadn't thought about how I was going to get my next refill. I called my old psychiatrist a while back and I don't think she'll be able to give me one. I can't find a psychiatrist without a wait of several months and my GP isn't comfortable with prescribing psychotropic medications. I didn't realize how low I was getting until I missed a dose while partying and now I'm panicking. I feel like I'm falling apart at the seams and I don't know what to say or do. There's so much that needs to be done and so little time and I'm going miles a minute. Yesterday, I was able to get up after heavy drinking and go to the gym, then hang out with a friend, then go to work, then do homework before going to bed and I felt great until the end. I realized that it was a mini mania and it felt good but the crash afterwords hurt so much.
    I'm losing it again.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

If you take your prescription bottle to an emergency room the psychiatrist on call can refill your prescription until you get to see your own doctor again

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I second this because I have done this in the past, like 5 years ago and they re-filled it on an emergency basis until you can get your own back. How are you feeling today? Hope you are keeping yourself well.

4. just_me_again

just_me_again Active Member

I'm doing okay today. I figured out how to get my prescription filled but unfortunately a friend of the family that I was very close to passed away yesterday so I've been...oddly enough okay. I'm handling it well, all things considered. I had several good cries and now I feel sort of peaceful. At least I know I'm not going to run out. That would not be a good combination.

5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Glad you managed to sort your medications out, that's a relief for you. I am so sorry for your loss.