I'm going to sound so bitchy but I'm drunk I've got an excuse.

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Spikey, Apr 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spikey

Spikey Senior Member

Yes, when I'm drunk my typing is almost immaculate, I don't believe in bad grammer.
    But I have been noticing lately that people don't really care about anyone else here anymore.
    I'm going to sound really self centred here, but I don't get more than 5-7 replies for any thread I post.
    If I sound really stupid in this post its because I've had too mch vodka bhut anhyway, any views on this?

Melissa.

2. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

I donno. i ususally get 2-5 replys :biggrin: but to me it aint the number of replies or people, its usually just getting it off my chest. and if one person replies, thats nice. I know some of my threads people avoid because they dont want to dip into it, which makes total sense to me.

:laugh: i could reply 10 times to this thread for yah spikey if yah want :biggrin:

Everyones different, you'll get some who have the energy to share with people they dont know, energy to share with people they do know and also quite the opposite. Members come and go, so it's never going to be consistant.

hope youre doin ok spikey, best wishes

3. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

:hug: Mel

Well, I care about people here, even if it seems that some people don't ...

I guess though, when people have their own issues, as we all undoubtedly do here, it's easy to appear self-centred, even when you're actually not.

4. Actually, I think it's just because there aren't many members to this site. I mean, I've only seen two or three people viewing a certain forum. There's just aren't that many people to contribute.

5. Smythe

Smythe Well-Known Member

It's funny how many threads I want to reply to, but simply don't have the words

no matter my strength of feeling.

6. smackh2o

smackh2o SF Supporter

I agree with Smythe. Sometimes I just read and when i'm done my mind goes blank, espeicially if I cant relate to the persons problems easily.

7. Spikey

Spikey Senior Member

OMG, i sound so selfish, sorry everyone, I was completely pished last night - off my head on vodka/
    Love you allx

8. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

No worries. :hug: :hug: :hug:

9. S'all good, Holmes.. We all family here. Oh yeah. :cool:

Sorry, I'm just trying to cheer myself up.

10. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

It's ok spikey. You said what was on your mind last night and hopefully can feel a little better about getting those thoughts ou in the open. I can understand how you feel. When we are struggling and asking for help, we hope to draw from as many resources as possible. We also need to know that people just plain care. There are times when I view a thread with every intention of responding. Then when the time come to post this response, I can think of no words to adequately describe the intensity of what I am feeling. That does not mean the poster was not in my thoughts. Plase take care hun. In the future I will try to get the words out. :hug:

11. Vitreledonellidae

Vitreledonellidae Well-Known Member

You dont sound selfish its kinda true, I've been noticing it too. But some people:
    cant find the right words.
    just dont know what to say.
    have to much on their own mind.
    only read posts from friends.
    get annoyed by reading every time the same thing.
    think that their advice will sound lame.
    dont want to reply, because they wont take their own advice.
    it takes a lot of time to reply to every thread.
    tried to help people, but what you get back, is only negativity and they treat you like shit.
    you dont want to meet new people, because others have hurt and used you too much.
    trying to get better and sometimes the sf threads can bring you down.
    I dont know, these are just some things that has happened to me and why I dont post that much anymore. But you're right, people arent that supportive anymore. In my eyes there is a big difference between now and 6 months ago. More and more people join this site and with your own problems etc it just takes a lot of time to reply every thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.