I'm going to the Dr. on Wednesday

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by thelaststraw, Dec 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thelaststraw

thelaststraw Active Member

Her sub-specialty is Psychiatry, and she is a wonderful person. She was my Mom's Dr. as well, so she knows all about the situation. I am going to ask her if I can admit myself to the psychiatric ward. I have had quite a few very dark, dark nights....but I still have theat spark of survival instinct I guess. I don't know, I mean I have no hope of my life situation getting any better, so basic survival instinct is all I can think of.....:unsure:
    With Mom's 65th birthday coming up next week, then the following week the "5th anniversery", I feel I really do need to myself in to the hospital for a bit. I need to switch anti-depressants. The last time I tried to increase the dosage on my present ones, they had the opposite effect. But to switch to differents meds, I would have to detox. Now, with the highest dosage that "works" for me of the currents meds, I am a mess.....I absolutely shudder at the thought of nothing. Plus the real nasty side-effects of the detox. No friends or family, that give a shit...
  2. Will

Will Staff Alumni

I'm sorry to hear that :sad:.

Have you ever been to the Psych Ward? Maybe it'll help, something different, and keep you going. Hang in there :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.