1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm going to the Dr. on Wednesday

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by thelaststraw, Dec 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thelaststraw

thelaststraw Active Member

Her sub-specialty is Psychiatry, and she is a wonderful person. She was my Mom's Dr. as well, so she knows all about the situation. I am going to ask her if I can admit myself to the psychiatric ward. I have had quite a few very dark, dark nights....but I still have theat spark of survival instinct I guess. I don't know, I mean I have no hope of my life situation getting any better, so basic survival instinct is all I can think of.....:unsure:
    With Mom's 65th birthday coming up next week, then the following week the "5th anniversery", I feel I really do need to myself in to the hospital for a bit. I need to switch anti-depressants. The last time I tried to increase the dosage on my present ones, they had the opposite effect. But to switch to differents meds, I would have to detox. Now, with the highest dosage that "works" for me of the currents meds, I am a mess.....I absolutely shudder at the thought of nothing. Plus the real nasty side-effects of the detox. No friends or family, that give a shit...

2. Will

Will Staff Alumni

I'm sorry to hear that :sad:.

Have you ever been to the Psych Ward? Maybe it'll help, something different, and keep you going. Hang in there :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.