I'm gonna do it... i'm just so scared i'll fail. Shotgun.

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by lonelystew, Dec 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lonelystew

lonelystew Guest

I've made up my mind. I'm clearing up loose ends and setting things in order, then i'm going to do it.

I'm not scared to die, i'm scared that I will fail and leave myself brain damaged or suffer in agony for hours. I dunno why i'm posting this, just some reasurance, or maybe some tips...

< Mod Edit -Method > and dispear out in the woods. It's really cold and icey out so I suppose shock and hypothermia will set it pretty quick even if i mess up.

Couple more days.

Just trying to decide if I say goodbye, or just disapear. Not like I ever matered anyways...
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2008
  2. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

My uncle killed himself with a shotgun...and it was his four year old daughter that found him. Shotguns are a way out, but it warrants night terrors for whomever finds you. Please reconsider.

You firstly do matter. Whenever any of us become suicidal we all become convinced nobody cares about us. Please try to remember that the drive you have to kill yourself is not a good drive.

Depression is your enemy, it's trying to kill you. Please reconsider

3. William!!

William!! Guest

Everyone matters and that includes you. I do not really have much to type to you, because I do not know the situation in your life, but suicide is not the answer. I used to feel the same way that you do, but I was able to overcome it, and if I can do it, you can too. You do not have to succumb to your urges, because your life does have value. Every human's life have value, and even though, I do not know you, I care about you, and especially your life. I am certain that there are also others who care about you, and this forum has some of the most wonderful people who do not mind helping you, and encouraging you to remain positive. No method of suicide is completely effective, and using a shotgun to take your life will most likely immobilize or paralyze you. Please do not do that, and as I have already said, I know how you feel, but I do not know exactly how you feel; a person can never know exactly how someone feels.

You also do not want to be in a persistent vegetative state. Think about the people who have to endure viewing you in such a gruesome state if you do succeed. If you have a family and friends, you will definitely hurt them. Do you really want to do that to your family and friends? Your pain might be gone, but your family and friends will be in pain if you take your life. Do you want them to mourn after you? This message is from a person who used to be suicidal, and therefore, I know how having suicidal ideations feels. If you try hard enough, you have the ability to eliminate that urge. I am typing this, because my urge was very strong as well, when I came very close to taking my life. You have more potential to destroy that urge than you think. I do not really know what I can type to stop you from achieving that, but I did take my time to respond to your message, but show you that there are people who do listen and care. Take care of yourself and I hope you do not do it. Remember this, I was also feeling that way as well.
  4. lonelystew

lonelystew Guest

< Mod Edit - We won't advise you on how to kill yourself >

Anyone ever really research the technicality of a gunshot suicide? < Mod Edit - Not appropriate > Admitedly I have very little experiance with firearms.

Thanks for those who say they care. You are kind souls. I have lots of people in my life that say they care. But they can't fix what ails me with kindness.

My mind is made up.
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2008
  5. lonelystew

lonelystew Guest

Could anyone recomend a forum that might be a bit more technical for say assisted suicide. I really can't find much.
  6. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

This is a pro life site, so we can't help with assisted suicides.

Regarding the technical aspects of a shotgun...It is hard to aim with those things and you're liable to miss just enough to leave you in a coma. My uncle was a life long hunter when he used his weapon.

I'm not finished beseeching you to change your mind. Please do something else besides suicide...
  7. attack_amazon

attack_amazon Well-Known Member

No matter what kind of firearm you use, there is an excellent chance that you will survive and be incapacitated. The number of factors that can go wrong with this method are astronomical. Imagine what it would be like if you did it this way and wound up parayzed, still suicidal but unable to even move. If you did succeed, imagine what it would be like for anyone, a family member or an innocent bystander or even a police officer or paramedic, to find your body. Gunshot wounds are traumatic even to look at in most cases, so you must consider whether you can in good conscience inflict that on others, potentially people who you care about and who may become suicidal themselves as a result.

For whatever reason, you're in pain. I'm in the same boat, so I can't tell you not to do it, but I urge you to put it off awhile at least, a day or a week even. A permanent solution requires a very careful decision about what's best for you and the people around you. Explore your options, there is always more than one road out of any situation. If you're alive, you can always change your mind, but if you act rashly and succeed in killing yourself, you can't. If you need to talk, feel free to PM me.
  8. jam1e

jam1e Guest

It's already been said, "This is a pro life site" !

And if you fail with a gunshot attempt you will prob be left with severe brain damage!:sad:

However, i've been to various firearms Attempts/Suicides, and shotguns are the most reliable way. :sad:

BUT!!! You have to think of the people who will find you too! It is very messy and can leave Emergency service people with psychological problems, so you can only imagine what it does to friends and family!!:sad:
  9. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Your plans sound remarkably unsound. Don't try. You will just hurt yourself.
  10. lonelystew

lonelystew Guest

Sorry wrong site I guess. Just another mistake in a long line of mistakes :)

Thanks to those that posted. I'll leave you with this:

Live every day as though it were your last. Try to live with no regrets. Tell the people you love how you feel about them every chance you get. Work hard for the things you want out of life. Fight for what is right and for the ones you love. Remember that the easy road is rarely the right one to take. Have fun every day, smile and be happy.

All the things I didn't do.

11. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

I hope you don't go through with this :(
  12. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Stew, I hope you reconsider. Im here if you need to talk :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.