i'm gonna stop saying i give up

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by cookiemonster, Dec 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cookiemonster

cookiemonster Banned Member

no one really takes it seriously or really cares so i don't anymore. if i do manage it, its not going to be noticed so i'm not going to warn anyone, i'll just do it.

no one will ever really find out so it doesn't matter
  2. diver200

diver200 Senior Member

Usually, if some one is talking about suicide, they really don't intend or they don't have the "courage" to carry it out. If someone wants to kill themselves, they just do it. No one can stop a person who is convinced that suicide is the only answer. The reality, though, is that it is not the answer, but turning around and giving a swift kick in the pants of life is the answer. Fighting and holding on to hope is the answer. It takes a lot of effort, and it takes a lot of courage, but just keep fighting to find a way to look at the positive things in life (they are out there, just hard to find sometimes). Then you'll make it through. We all have low times, but together we can kick some serious ass and survive. I'm a fine one to talk, i find it hard to look at the positive. But somehow even I manage. So can you!
  3. cookiemonster

i'm trying to hang on but this is the worst i have ever felt. i have been low for a long time now but haven't attempted recently. if i wasn't expected to be somewhere tomorrow, i would do it tonight, no questions asked. and then no one will notice. then i wont have to be like this anymore
  4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

This time of the year is the worst for depression hang on after the holidays you will get more energy to help you cope. I take you seriously because i know the pain is the worse trigger to wanting to end it all. No one hears me either they don't think i am that ill it is because they don't understand our pain. Take care okay hang on this holiday season will be over soon just wanted you to know i do hear you i understand.
  5. cookiemonster

this doesn't feel like just the holidays anymore. it's gonna get worse in January and the a LOT worse in June and i don't think i can do it anymore. i know its a cop-out and that i'm weak but i need out. people can judge me if they want to but this isn't just me trying to get attention or anything, this is me genuinely saying things are too much and i can't live anymore

but thank you, its good to feel cared about sometimes
  6. 1victor

1victor Well-Known Member

That's a misconception. Suicidal person almost always talk about suicide searching for help or a miracle that would change his/hers situation. If this didn't happen often the suicide is carried out.
    Search the net on the subject.
  7. cookiemonster

i'm not looking for a miracle. it wont happen.

there are a lot of people here with a lot of experience so i don't think searching the net will help. sometimes people just want people to know that they've gone. when i do it no one on here will find out and people will worry and i kinda want to let people know i'm at this stage
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.