1. Born_A_LoseR

Born_A_LoseR Active Member

i spent 4 days in the psychiatric hospital last week and its weird but since i got out I no longer have the urge to kill myself...I actually feel good and I want to live even though i have no friends no girl I still want to live...I'm even starting university in january...I dont understand how i can go from suicidal to happy in such a short period of time

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I am so glad you are feeling better...do you have follow up care to make sure you stay on the up swing? all the best, J

3. Born_A_LoseR

Born_A_LoseR Active Member

yes i do...i have an appointment with the psychiatrist about once every 3 months and i'm on anti-depressants now

4. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

good to hear...all the best, J

5. Ediciussievol

Ediciussievol Well-Known Member

I'm just glad you are feeling better. In some way maybe you've awakened to something better.

6. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I am glad you got the help! you are one of the lucky ones. Keep setting small goals to acheive dailey that should help keep you on the right path.Good Luck!!~Joseph~

7. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

i am glad you are on your way to feeling better about things. Continue with the follow up care and keep us posted on how you are doing. :hug:

8. fifa

fifa Member

It's really good that you're happy now. Just be careful and take it slowly starting classes. I started back just recently and the stress of it nearly killed me (literally). I sought help and am now on medications for anxiety and depression and am starting to get stable. See if you can get some free or really cheap therapy through your University. I see a therapist once a week for 10 dollars a visit and it actually helps. At least I think it helps since I look forward to each session more than anything else.
    Keep feeling good about yourself and good luck with your classes.