1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm having heavy suicidal thoughts - don't know where to turn

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by silkdragon, Nov 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silkdragon

    silkdragon New Member

    I don't take bad news well. It puts me in a really bad place where I feel nothing is going to be okay- so why keep trying. I already took a bunch of pills - I doubt they are enough to be lethal. I just want to sleep. somtimes I wonder if death is the ultimate sleep
  2. total eclipse

    total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

    Hun if you have taken too many pills you need to go to hospital and get checked out okay. YOu can cause damage to your organs Go and get checked out okay physically and mentally. You deserve help hun please go into emergency and tell them what you took and get help hugs
  3. flowers

    flowers Senior Member

    yes, Total Eclipse is right. Taking too many pills can damage the organs. It is one of the things that keeps me from taking too manypills.

    I am glad you came to sf. And I hope you will contiinue to post here. This is a great website. With good people. So I am glad you are here. In addition to being here, I always ask someone if there is any place irl they can turn to?

    I am sending you a safe hug :hug: please let us know whats going on, if you can.
  4. silkdragon

    silkdragon New Member

    I'm doing better after a long sleep. I have a psychiatrist, but he doesn't have an emergany line. My insurance ran out so my options are very limited. It's amazing how easy it is to get help when you have insurance, but suddenly no one cares whether you exist or not when you don't.

    I'm going to try to get medicare and SS benefits, but as with all government stuff everything takes forever. I've heard it is easier if you get a lawyer. Government stuff makes me feel like this:shelbi:

    I'm also agoraphobia which makes things worse.

    Either way I don't now where to turn when I feel suicidal, because everything requires either insurance or lots of money - neither or which I have
  5. Animosity

    Animosity Forum & Chat Buddy

    Well, for one welcome to sf. And you can always come here to sf when you feel like this. You can also email the Samaritans (i've done it and I find talking to them very helpful) or call the suicide hotline. Either works. Ive not called because I have a phone phobia. But otherwise, i'm glad you got a nice sleep but taking pills that aren't the right prescribed amount isn't good. Please don't do it again. Although you are new, you are cared about. each and every member here is cared about. If you ever need anyone to talk to, feel free to PM me anytime. <3
  6. flowers

    flowers Senior Member

    oh I hear ya. If you do decide to file for social security, I hope that you will look into getting an attorney who specializes. Many people find that an attorney is needed. For me it made the difference between denial and evental acceptance.

    I hear ya about insurance. Its a vile system we have. United way does have lists of places where people can get help or support when they do not have insurance. I had to call twice to get the info I wanted. The lists are so numerous that two people can give different info. I do not know what you could find. But there may be no harm in trying. I found a mental health advocate through united way. Shes amazing. The phone number is usually 211 in most areas of the US.

    You found us. And I am glad for that. Now I hope you can find more support locally..... for no charge. btw, if you are planing to file for SS, you may want to make sure you keep the psychiatrist. So you can get notes and documentation. Also, they care a lot that people are taking pills. Where I live, they did not care if I was in therapy. they often asked if I was on medications, names dosage etc. So please do keep the psychiatrist. :rose:
  7. lightbeam

    lightbeam Antiquities Friend

    If you are going to try to get medicaid, get that first. That way you are able to have coverage during the SS time frame. I had no insurance, and did things backwards.

    Medicaid first, then Social Security. I had to wait three years for benefits to come through. I don't want you to make the same mistakes I did.
  8. texaskitty

    texaskitty SF Cat Lady Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

    Hi silk dragon, good to meet you.

    I think a previous poster recommended 211 as an information hotline, its good.

    Also, depending on the amount of your income you could qualify for public mental health services as they are based on a sliding scale.

    And on the Social Security deal, if you are over 50, its not so hard, under 50 and you will have to fight. There is a humungous online application to do. But its worth it to get into the system.

    Also there is SSI which is different than SSDI, and you may qualify for that as well, it worth looking into.

    And if you are in a state with Medicaide, do try to get that first.

    Do keep posting lots of folks here deal with the same issues as you.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2011
  9. flowers

    flowers Senior Member

    lightbeam, I am so glad you thought to write this. Yes, find out how to get on to medicaid. It takes years from the time of offical filing to get on medicare. However, they can also count that time from the date you said you became disabled. So its hard to predict when you would get on medicare.

    I was on medicaid until I got on medicare. Some people can stay on medicaid (supplimental) even after they are also on medicare. Depends on income. And what state you live in, as far as I know.
    ps, I wrote this before texaskitty hit the "send" button :D
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.