Im having trouble trying to cope with pain

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by ThoseEmptyWalls, Jan 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThoseEmptyWalls

ThoseEmptyWalls Well-Known Member

This will sound silly compaired to other peoples posts in the crisis section. I wouldnt really call my problem a crisis but I didnt know where else to post this. Its really dragging me down and I have no one to really talk to about it. My husband feels useless when it comes to this and has honestly starting saying to me 'Honey I dont know what to tell you'. My grandma just badgers me about seeing a doctor but I cant afford it. I havent even bothered to talk to my mom about this in ages as shes usually stressed and quick to smart me off when I go to her with stuff like this... Im having pain, literally pain..Not mental pain but bodily pain..I have had a headache for so long I cant remember when it started. Maybe a year ago, maybe longer, I dont know. It never goes away. It lets up and is liveable but its not went fully away. Im having trouble on and off with my right arm, shoulder, fingers, and wrist. Also pain on and off in my right hip and left knee. Recently the pain in my lower back has become more frequent. My periods are painful and actually at times hurt more then labor pains ( I have a 4 year old that I had naturally so I know what Im talking about). Sometimes I curl up and cry until the pain eases and I can fall asleep..I have been sick recently, the flu or something, and am experiences pain in my mouth. It feels like something is smashing my jaws/teeth. Im guessing its from sinus pressure...I have been in constant pain for so long now I dont know when it started...I take a lot of over the counter pain pills and sleep aids to help ease it up.. Now I will say right now I cant afford a doctor. I live like 3.5 hours from a free clinic (there is one closer yes but I dont qualify for it). My doctors office is booked up like crazy and their sliding fee program doesnt cover anything but the basic doctors visit and that would be useless according to my doctor. Id need sent off site for ultrasound scans, other scans, and need blood work that they offer on site but its not covered by sliding fee and Id have to pay full price. The local clinic I qualify for sliding fee but wont go there anymore. After over a dozen visits for this problem already and them always telling me they are clueless and wanting me to go to a hospital Im finding them useless...So dont please dont say see a doctor. Its not a option..I dont have enough income to pay out of pocket or purchace insurance and I dont qualify for free insurance from dhhr... If anyone else out there is insurance free and moneyless and has a similar problem can you share how you cope? please..

2. Vangelis

Vangelis Well-Known Member

I just sleep, or I keep myself occupied. I found that for me, gaming at all hours of the day keeps the bad thoughts away. It also keeps me entertained and happy to some degree and I have enough of that willpower to go for a few days without it. I don't believe much in hospitals anymore and doctors and medication because I've beaten bipolar before and depression just by having a strong will to do something with my life. I practically removed anything that triggered my past. Whether it be a certain genre of movies. I can't deal with movies that have child abuse or domestic violence in them. I don't watch Star Trek anymore cause it reminds me of my brother. I wrote a lot of poetry of cutting, suicide, and depressing subjects, I never look back at them again or read them anymore.

3. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

When I had physical pain and couldn't afford the doctor, the clinic doctor told me to go to the ER of a hospital that will treat whether or not the patient could afford it. In my case, it turned out to be my gall bladder and they removed it. They applied for what they could get from medical and I never paid the balance. I don't have money either and I just have to live with the fact that all I have is rent and bill money.

4. ThoseEmptyWalls

ThoseEmptyWalls Well-Known Member

I couldnt get away with that here. The ER's will call you and hound you about unpaid balances. I know they arent suppose to do this but sometimes they will turn away people who show unpaid balances in their computers. They also make you sign a primisary note saying you will pay for the services which is why I stay away from them. I know I cant pay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.