I'm here to find a point

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by datto, Aug 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. datto

datto Member

It's been a while. But my friends have stopped acknowledging me, and I feel totally shut out. Now, I'm thinking again 'what IS the point?'.

The only reason I am not long dead is because I don't want to leave a hole in the family. I've been fighting this since primary school, and self-harming on and off since then.

People might say 'there is so much to live for', life experiences etc. But it seems whatever you do in life, it doesn't matter once you're dead - you won't remember anyway....

People have been asking for centuries - 'what is the ACTUAL point of living?' I only see our overpopulation as a burden on the world. Since I am not a murderer, I can only kill myself.

2. CPessimist

CPessimist Well-Known Member

very very cynical my friend.

dunno I guess a lot of people would say the point of life is to enjoy yourself and whatnot, but that's a bit shallow and if you aren't enjoying yourself there's no point! But, I think it's much more rewarding to take on goals and try and achieve them... don't try to tie your esteem to the completion either, just "try your best" (so cliche I know) and learn from your mistakes.

Hope that helps at least a little

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

The point of living? I have no idea.

Why do I continue to live? because I love my niece to bits and wouldn't ever want to hurt her and I hope one day my anxiety will just disappear :unsure:

I agree with cpessimist, just try your best and make the make the most of it,you might even happen to enjoy it :)

Good luck hun x

4. emptyinside08

emptyinside08 Member

when you feel like there is no point you have really just had a light burn out in a sense. so you need to find your "flashlight"-a little thing like family to light just part of the road and keep you from falling in the holes. and remember your flashlight is a tool of survival. keep it near. it can guide you through the darkness until you find a new bulb or the sun rises.

push on no matter how hard it may be man.
    in the end you at least have the others on here to be a candle until you find your flashlight.
    -LUX wished man.
    -emptyinside08

5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I hope you are seeing a therapist for your depression a doctor who could help you with some meds as well Your family will suffer greatly and i don't think you would ever want that. Find something that brings you joy art music sports anything try volunteering at a pet shelter or hospital nrsg home anything that will make you feel better and give you some purpose Glad you are here keep talking okay

6. datto

datto Member

I AM very cynical, lol, but i'm not seeing a therapist, actually no-one i know actually knows how i feel - I imagine they'd just tell me to 'pull it together', since that's what I tell myself (without much help), only because there really isn't anything specific for me to be depressed about... There are so many people with much worse problems than me, I should just DEAL with it, but somehow, it just doesn't work and I feel selfish...

Sometimes, I imagine life without family to leave behind. I wonder what my classmates would think or say after hearing about my suicide.....

I think about this all the time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.