I'm Homeless But I'm Happy

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by Righteous, May 4, 2009.

1. Righteous

Righteous Well-Known Member

Whats up guys? OK check out my situation. I don't have a house or apartment 2 live in. I stay in city parks and sleep in my car. I use a car power inverter for electricity. I also use outlets in parks for electricity.

Now some may say that this is insanity, but I say its pleasure. How? u may ask. Because I don't have any bills 2 pay. Its a headache having 2 give your hard earned cash to landlords and utility companies. I keep a fair amount of money plus I don't have to worry about having to wait too long to save up just in case of a car emergency. I get to have fun everyday because I can shop how I want to, eat what I want to, and go hang out like I want to at clubs, bars, and any other social events.

My family seem to have a problem with this. They say that this is foolish and dangerous. They feel that I can easily get killed by staying in parks and sleeping in a car. Well here is how I feel, my family never really cared too much about me anyway. My parents didn't raise me right, I wasn't eating properly when I was a child. They didn't spend a whole lot of time with me. They didn't show me how to be a good person. They just didn't care.

And guess what, my dad is a millionaire. He just never cared about supporting me financially even when I was a child. I know that was messed up, but I'm let God deal with him with that situation. I hardly even go 2 my parents house. I honestly wouldn't care if he died.

Now pay attention to something. If u notice, I'm not complaining about how my dad doesn't help me out. I'm simply handling my situaution on my own even though it may be extreme. I'm aware that my dad could have just gave me some money to go to college or he could have just gave me a job at his business, but I'm not complaining. I'm just trying 2 see why they are criticizing me for the way I live. I don't even talk about this situaution with my parents, I just know they don't like how I'm living because my Grandma told me. I don't even answer the phone if my Mom or dad calls me.

I only make about $1,200 a month, so I don't want a house or apartment because the bills will eat up my money. I wanna know how do u guys feel about me living like this. U got to think about it, giving all your money to landlords and utility companies is misery. Being able to spend your money how u want to is pure pleasure.
  2. shades

shades Staff Alumni

I have lived in my car a couple of different times for a few weeks each time. It was long enough for me to know that I didn't like it. Freedom from bills? Sure, I guess I can see that. But how do you shower? Where do you go to the bathroom in the middle of the night? Whats the weather like? Have you experienced extreme heat or cold? How long have you lived like this?

I don't think it's insane, but it made me uncomfortable. Also, there is most definitely a chance of some kind of crime being committed against you. But if you're not worried about that, and the weather's ok and you can clean up somewhere once in awhile and are ok with however you handle your bathroom needs, well...more power to you!

In fact, who knows...I might end up having to live like that again, so I'd appreciate answers to the questions above; and since you don't seem to have any problems with it whatsoever...maybe you could come up with some kind of handbook on how to do it.
  3. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I am jealous!!
  4. Righteous

Why do u say that?
  5. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

To live day to day like that I don't know. I sit at home all day. I'd rather be fucking out there.
  6. Crue-K

Crue-K Well-Known Member

About 5 years ago I disappeared for 3 months and stayed at Tipi valley in LLandeilo in Wales. I lived in a tipi with my friend and just totally lived naturally. It was fantastic but I couldn't sustain it because of my bipolar. I think it's great if you can live the way you are and enjoy it.
  7. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

i would love to live similar to that. but in a cabin in a wood somewhere living off the land with no one near me or anything it would be peaceful. yes i would probably still be "depressed" but i would be content. its hard to brake away and live like that for alot of people they have responsibilities, and cant leave loved ones behind. also as shades said; how would you shower in your case living in a car. there is always something to consider
  8. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

I'm envious because I don't think I could ever do that, but at the same time I wish I could. My life revolves around all of these creature comforts like a bed, a sofa, regular internet, cable, long baths etc. etc. materialistic to the max and I wish I wasn't.
    So I'm v. envious that you have found happiness this way, because I still havent!
  9. Righteous

U know I gotta admit, being outside a lot does make the soul feel good. Especially when I wake up early in the morning to catch the sunrise. Being surrounded by 4 walls all day can make a person depressed.
  10. elvinchild

elvinchild Well-Known Member

I'm certainly impressed and admire that you've found happiness with such minimalistic living. Paying bills is incredibly stressful, my income is about the same as yours and I live in an apartment all by myself. Not only do I have rent, but I have school loans to pay back because I went to college for awhile before dropping out. I was thinking of living in my car for awhile because I was kicked out of an ex boyfriend's house, refuse to go back to my parents, and none of my friends would take me in. But I didn't know where I could safely park my car to sleep every night, I didn't know how I would go about cleaning up every day and changing and doing laundry and eating and everything. I live in the country. Plus I have a really bad back and sleeping in the car just aggrivates the pain, unless I plop a mattress in there. But I'm pretty sure everyone at my job would look down on me if I lived like that.

Props to you.
  11. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Wether you likeit or not your parents are worried about you and they care about your saftey. Be happy they care they are not critisizing to be mean they are frighted for your saftey. If you are happy who are we to judge but let your parents know you are safe you are happy and you have back up money for a room if you need it. What ever you feel about your parents they do care please be easy on them.
  12. Righteous

Maybe u shouldn't pay back your student loans. True enough u will have bad credit, but if u make payments on them, u will not have as much money as u should. I hate to see the student loan business financially oppress people like u
  13. Righteous

No, I don't feel that they care. If they cared, they would have helped me out in the beginning. My dad just cares about his money and cars
  14. im glad you feel good about it but honestly id keep an eye open for a higher paying job. it's always good to have money