I'm human too

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by I'm Human Too, Jan 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. People behave in an absurd manner most of the time. They talk down and criticize those in the lime light in one breath and build up and praise them the next second. They assume someone has it easy without fully knowing life circumstances and then become shocked when they find out life happens to those people too.

Already it is happening to me, particularly with one person. Now my friends they treat me the same and they seem happy and proud of me but there were people who knew me before and know who I really am. Some of the new people who I've met upset me when they find out what I do professionally, even if it isn't really a big deal. One of them in particular seems to obsess with me and brings to mind a possible stalker. Constant silly questions about what I do rather than finding out who I am. As if my value is based on that. Others say selfish things like ,"How can you be unhappy!", "You have everything going for you." "If I had that I'd be happy." They love to point out how lucky I am and they to never get to know me as a person.

Then there is the opposite problem. Getting too much attention. How would you feel if your whole life, including all your mistakes and dark secrets were at risk of being exposed to a world of judgmental strangers. I sometimes want to hold myself back from success just to avoid this very thing. I fear it above all else. I want to do what i do and have my private life too. But people love to see others publicly humiliated! they love to see others make big mistakes because ti makes them feel better about themselves.

I want to be me not a reflection on someone else's ego. I want to be treated like everyone else and I want to have my problems acknowledged and my privacy respected.

2. I feel very bad about it but I've told them I'm having a hard time and they keep harassing me. Why can't people give me space sometimes. I can barely keep myself together without being bombarded by long pointless letters from people I don't even know. I have tried to be nice but I am so tired. I just want to be left to feel my pain in peace.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.