I'm in an abusive relationship- I want out.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by xxJoyxx, Mar 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xxJoyxx

xxJoyxx New Member

I want out, any way possible.

He's verbally and emotionally abusive and controls every aspect of my life. I've asked him to get help, but he will not. He doesn't recognize that he has a problem. When us separating is brought up, he gets out his gun and starts to walk outside to "do what he should have done a long time ago." This has happened on more than one occasion.

In an attempt to get out of this relationship, I have become suicidal. I'm so depressed that I can't do anything, I don't go to class and I pretty much don't leave the house. No one really knows about this, except my therapist. Whom I see tomorrow.

When I drive, I have an overwhelming desire to swerve my car off the road, and I've started to cut myself to deal with the pain. I drink also when I get a chance, but according to him, I am not allowed to drink unless I am under his direct supervision. (I am a legal adult, and my drinking is moderate and responsible)

I don't have much of a support system, I don't have a whole lot of time for my friends, and he has cut off most of my contact with them so we have drifted apart. I am very close with my family, but they live 1,000 miles away.

This is so hard. Idk what to do.
  2. yorkie bar

yorkie bar Well-Known Member

You've really got to be brave, and just get the hell out of there.

Try and plan your opportunity as best as you can, find somewhere to go.etc

I hope you find the strength from somewhere

yorkie xx
  3. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

I agree with Yorkie....try your damndest to get out of there....
    can your therapist help with somewhere to go?...
    are you able to tell your family?....they may also be able to offer you help and support....
    I;m so sorry you have to deal with that behaviour.......
    it's obviously bringing you down..
  4. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

Call the police on him, or just leave and take the chance of whether he is serious or not.
  5. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

You need to get out of there. Is this something you've talked over with your therapist or your family?

You don't deserve to be hurt, and so you need to look after yourself and get away as soon as you can!!
  6. masive

masive Banned Member

You need to get out asap hun.

If you don't you could get really hurt.. Call the police thats what there there for once you leave dont ever return ever...

Get in touch of your family tell them let them help.. Distance will not stop that.

Very worring listening to this Get out quick hun.
  7. xxJoyxx

xxJoyxx New Member

My therapist was out sick today. :-/

She said that she will call me tomorrow to reschedule, but I don't know how long I can go without seeing her.

My parents know everything... and support me which is nice, but they are still 1k miles away.

My BFF has some places where she can hide me away for a few days because it is MY apartment, and he has to leave, but I want to hide for a while until I feel strong enough to go back alone. And to make sure that he is gone for good.

He has a friend coming in town on Saturday and staying with us for a week. So I feel like I have to wait until the friend leaves to break up... because I'd then be kicking two people out on the street, and his friend is just an innocent bystander.

Today is really no better.
  8. masive

masive Banned Member

are you in the UK?? If so I 'll come down and sort him out and get you out of harms way?

If you in the USA i can't do that. JUST CALL THE POLICE IF YOUR IN THAT MUCH DANGER..
  9. xxJoyxx

xxJoyxx New Member

Lol, thanks but I am in the states.

I talked to my mom and feel a little better.

Have a test tomorrow so I'm trying to stay focused and study a lot.

I'm making a list on my blog of all of the reasons why I want to break up. I guess it's a little silly but when I doubt myself I will be able to go back and look at the list and remind myself why I need to get out.
  10. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

you need to talk to a police officer, so they can help you...tell them he has a gun and has threatened you...this is very serious and very dangerous, you need to get out now! if you need to do it when the officers are there...do it before that friend comes over, this way the friend wont be on the street and you will be free...which is what you need...

he has NO RIGHT! to control you that way, and make you scare and miserable...YOU ARE WORTH IT! You deserve to be happy and relieved of all that stress...you have every right to get your life back...he had no right to steal it from you...

please keep us updated...I'm just sad I can't help you more than this, I live in canada...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.