I'm in dire need of help

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Cortez, Nov 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cortez

Cortez Banned Member

2. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

hey, do you want to talk about what is going on?

3. Cortez

Cortez Banned Member

Every single person in this world is better than me.

The anger, hatred, self hatred, madness....I can't live like this. I don't want to be in this world.

4. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

whoa, wait! what makes you think that every single person is better than you?

My guess is that you've been given some negative messages about yourself, and you've heard them often enough to internalize them.

There's a kind of poem, I guess many people think it's kind of cheesy, but there is a line from it that I like:

(something like)
    If you compare yourself to others, you may become vain or bitter, because there will always be people greater and lesser than you.

5. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

you are probably better than a lot of people at a lot of things. But you don't have to be better than anyone at anything in order to worthy of happiness in life.

If we had a fair and functional society, the less someone had, the more other people would want to give to them.

Life can be really rough and unfair, but to take the cards that you are dealt with and make the most that you can of life for yourself and for others in something truly heroic. And the worse you've got it, the more impressive it is if you can make something positive out of it. Easy to say, but hard to do.

Talking to a therapist might be good for you.

6. Cortez

Cortez Banned Member

I don't want to be around anyone right now. Work and school are becoming too stressful and i don't even see the use in both of them, I feel like giving up on everything, quitting school, quiting my job, that is my version of suicide. I have energy these days but it is driven by anger. I never had my anger control me this much and fuel all the energy I have. It scares me because the energy is negative. I fear I might actually become more serious with the suicidal ideation's and maybe start planning or something. I am more isolated now more than ever, I don't even know if I want anyone's help, as no one would be able to help me, because no one evens knows me, or cares about me. I don't want to be part of the world anymore, but I can't stay in my room forever, I'm so uncertain, so scared. I can't help but to feel sorry for myself, even if I have no right to, feeling sorry for myself in a way is to keeping my own self company, as I have no one, no friends by my side, no family except for my mother who doesn't want to hear anything from me. I literally am on my own, always, at my job, in college, you could always find me walking by myself with my head down, I don't care to look up. I must really look like a weirdo loner, but I don't give a shit at this point, I don't even try to socialize.

7. Cortez

Cortez Banned Member

I am beyond bitter. I fear for my sanity all the time, I am scared that I will turn into a psychopath.....no conscious, who knows what will happen after that.

8. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

hey wait, people here care about you!

I understand about the looking down thing, been there.

My guess is that you've been messed with by assholes. Know about that too.

You are young still, and the world is a big place. Whatever people are like where you are, there is a place where people are different. Maybe try to find that better place and go there instead?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2010
  9. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I agree with what May's posted, just wanted you to know people here do care.

10. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

I don't know you and I care ..
    please find some proffessional help..

11. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

sounds like you've been messed with pretty hard.

going psycho wouldn't be good for you or anyone else.

So you are in a bad situation, maybe there is a way you can get out of it or at least make things a little better.

So which is worse, school or work? Maybe you could quit one of them.

Would you be able to transfer to another school?

Can you get therapy? Are there councilors at your school?

New York, and basically most of the north east usa, is pretty rough, unfriendly, mean. Not everybody, but there is a lot of that around. People are not like that everywhere, but you have to travel around to figure that out.

Getting some positive influences in your life and getting away from the negative ones would probably help a lot.

There's community out there, but it can be hard to find, especially if you have social anxiety or feel alienated.

12. Cortez

Cortez Banned Member

I would much rather quit my job but I absolutely need the money. Even though college stresses me out I want to finish it out, I put the utmost importance in my education. As far as dealing with the anxiety I think taking some online classes next semester will help. I go to a community college and want to transfer to a University as soon as possible.

I actually like cities, it's the suburbs I can't stand.

13. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

I guess if you can make it through this semester, that might be good, but it seem like a lot of pressure to try to make it through.

If you transfer to a uni, maybe a good idea to really check it out first. The college guide books can't be trusted.

If you are in a positive environment, you might like that a lot better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.