Empathy Only I'm in love with my best friend.

Backflip___

They / Them pronouns !
SF Supporter
i hate this so much haha. ever since i met her i've been infatuated. Just everything about her. no, she's not perfect, but nobody is. ever since we got closer about a year ago, all i've felt is pining. it plagues me daily, but at the end of it, i'm just glad i'm her best friend. She has a boyfriend so i've never mentioned anything, and i really don't intend on. we're so close and it's all i could have dreamed of, but god it would be so nice to call her mine. even though i'm really sensitive to this, i understand that logically, i'm only 16. i'll find another girl i love, i have my whole future ahead of me, and she'll just be another childhood crush, even though she's so much more. I've never spoken a word of it to anyone, i just needed to get this off my chest, then maybe i can move on. She'll always be my best friend and i'm happy about this, i just wish it was possible to force myself to move on.

Backflip___

They / Them pronouns !
SF Supporter
She goes on a lot about how much she loves me, and how i'm the most important person in her life, and it fuels me honestly. My depression makes me think that every single person in my life hates me, but with her it's not as harsh, i think that maybe she does actually care about me, and i'm so glad i have her.

Lotus

Pariah...
SF Supporter
I know how hard it is to have love that isn't returned. But it's good that you can see it's not the be all and end all. IT's also great to see you're grateful for her, even if its not the way you want. I admire your maturity, strength and morals.

Eventually these feelings will pass and you'll find someone who you can love and deserves you for the wonderful person you are.

Lotus

Pariah...
SF Supporter
@Backflip___

No one will mind if you "ramble" that's what we're here for. We'll be with you through the bad times and the good. I'm glad you feel you can let it out

Backflip___

They / Them pronouns !
SF Supporter
@Backflip___

No one will mind if you "ramble" that's what we're here for. We'll be with you through the bad times and the good. I'm glad you feel you can let it out
thank you lotus, it really means a lot. i've only been on this site for a few days but everyone's been so kind and accepting, i feel welcome here haha

Sunspots

To Wish Impossible Things
Admin
SF Supporter
Hey @Backflip___

I was in a similar situation to you when I was 16 but on the other side of it. We were inseparable. I guessed how he felt about me but chose to ignore it as I didn't feel the same and didn't want it to affect our friendship. At 19 something changed, I'm not sure why or how but we became a couple. We've just had our 29th wedding anniversary.

It might happen for you in the future, it might not. But whatever happens you are right to be happy to have her as a best friend. I genuinely think friends are far more important at your age.

Backflip___

They / Them pronouns !
SF Supporter
Hey @Backflip___

I was in a similar situation to you when I was 16 but on the other side of it. We were inseparable. I guessed how he felt about me but chose to ignore it as I didn't feel the same and didn't want it to affect our friendship. At 19 something changed, I'm not sure why or how but we became a couple. We've just had our 29th wedding anniversary.

It might happen for you in the future, it might not. But whatever happens you are right to be happy to have her as a best friend. I genuinely think friends are far more important at your age.
maybe it will! haha, at the end of the day, whatever happens, i'm just glad for what we have, and whatever we will have. Friendships and relationships are both amazing in their own rights, and can both be as powerful and important as the other. however we turn out, as long as were together, i'm fine with. At the end of the day i can't control these feelings so why let them control me

Sunspots

To Wish Impossible Things
Admin
SF Supporter
maybe it will! haha, at the end of the day, whatever happens, i'm just glad for what we have, and whatever we will have. Friendships and relationships are both amazing in their own rights, and can both be as powerful and important as the other. however we turn out, as long as were together, i'm fine with. At the end of the day i can't control these feelings so why let them control me
That's SUCH a good attitude to have :)

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
Been there, done that :) We all have. You've got a really good attitude about it at the end of the day. Keep posting - we're all here to listen.

Backflip___

They / Them pronouns !
SF Supporter
UPDATE : Semi-expected turn of events.
my friend came to me today a bit troubled with her sexuality, and after talking for a while she realised she was a lesbian. i'm glad i helped her find herself. I'm Not letting myself make this a victory for me, because that's quite selfish at the end of the day in my eyes. hey, something might happen between us, which would be great, but really above all of that i'm just glad she understands herself a bit more. her being happy will always be so much more important to me

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00