I'm just a girl, interrupted.

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by panporro, Mar 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. panporro

panporro New Member

It's been a long time since I've been a part of anything like this - a forum, I mean.

My name is Sam, but you can call me Pan if you want. I'll respond to either.

I'm 20 years old and I work full time in the field of marketing. I live with my boyfriend in a small apartment overlooking a glassy Minnesotan lake. I have a cat that wears a bow tie named Apollo and eleven tattoos to date. My hair is lavender right now but naturally it's a dark brown. It hasn't been natural in a while.

I like books, the quiet, doors that aren't on door frames, cats, poorly made films, expertly made films, people that like to talk about books and doors that aren't on door frames, fashion and DIY couture, and, well.. most of my preferred activities are creative and solitary.

This is weird. I don't really know what else to say.

I guess there's the depression bit. It's almost old hat by now. I've felt greyness in my footsteps for as long as I can remember. It's just been pretty unbearable as of late so I thought maybe making some connections.. well, maybe that'd help.

2. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Hi pan, a warm welcome to you.. Liked your post. It was not the norm and let us see you some. Been fighting the beast of depression myself forever. Like you I thing it is old hat and other times is just too darn much. Please look around some and see if you can find some safe niches to post again.. Got any questions please just let us know..later, jim
  3. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Hi Sam, pleased to meet you, hope you will feel right at home here, and feel connected in a positive way
  4. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Hi Sam, welcome to SF. Judging by your post, you seem like a really cool person. You came to the right place if you want to make connections with people who are in the same boat as you. People here are friendly and ready to help. Hope to hear more from you soon.
  5. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

6. panporro

panporro New Member

You guys are all adorable. Thanks~
  7. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Welcome to the forum Sam. So many of us fight the depression demon and know matter how old hat it is, it is still difficult to live with. I an glad you found us and decided to take the step to join and seem support. You can share as little or as much as you feel comfortable with. We will share in both your good times and bad times. Again, welcome.
  8. @ Sam,
    Welcome to the forum.. :hug:
  9. 3.141592654

3.141592654 Well-Known Member

Did you know that if you google "doors that aren't on door frames" only this thread shows up? I thought that was kinda cool in it's own right.

Also, hi.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.