'I'm just not good enough' syndrome

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by MightyMatt, Nov 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MightyMatt

MightyMatt Well-Known Member

Who else feels this way? To me it applies to everything in my life at the moment... and I mean everything. Anybody know how to combat these feelings? I know it's a big ask and probably 'un-answerable'... but hey I need someone to wave that 'magic wand' right now... or at least give me a few words of encouragement. Anyone?
  2. FBD

FBD Well-Known Member

i must say i share the feeling...

to combat it? maybe small steps?
    find 1 thing that you can do without thinking about if its good enough? i duno maybe draw or paint or something? i duno im working on the same kinda thing...its rough
  3. poisonedresistance

poisonedresistance Well-Known Member

that's a real tough one. Ive never found the answer to be honest. The only advice i can offer is to blank it all out. All the times everything has seemed to go wrong, all the times, even the little things didn't work. the embarrassments, the heartache,loss and humiliation. The times nothing seemed fair and the world just didn't turn in your favor.
    it can be overwhelming if you let it all out all at once.
    I don't believe there is a person (in their right mind)on the planet who believes they are infallible or hasn't felt like this at one stage or another though.
    Some people feel it more than others and most tend to block it out, only taking small peeks at it like me, just a little bit at a time so it doesn't overwhelm them.
    it takes longer, but i find it easier to deal with bite sized chunks.
    I can tell you that for me when it does become too much I can always fall back on previous times it has all seemed so overwhelming,, although at the time it was soul crushing I did hold on, i did see my way through the dirt and the muck and come out on the other side,, so I hold on knowing that if i persist that light will be there somewhere ready to guide me out. And although I know another dark time will come,, I also know that the light is still there, waiting for me at the other end, no matter how dark it gets.
    If you want to talk you can always pm me or someone you feel you can talk to, most people here I think would understand where you are coming from
  4. nanashikun

nanashikun Member

I feel the same way :) Well... I suppose that's not really something to smile about, but it's a nice feeling not to be alone! Sometimes it's hard to believe that you really are worth something, that nothing you do is ever good enough... Maybe it just takes more effort or keep trying new things. There are a lot of people out there who could use your help, maybe try volunteering at places? Hopefully someday, you'll feel that people appreciate your efforts :)
  5. dontmindme25

dontmindme25 Active Member

same here i get that alot....its a sick feeling makes you feel worthless sometimes...
  6. MightyMatt

I try to help out here when I can :) I hate to think of other people going through what I'm going through... I don't know if this is selfish but it would be nice if one day someone would see the good in me and perhaps 'be nice' to me? I feel disillusioned at the moment.
  7. MightyMatt

It's a terrible feeling... Sickness, worthless and Helpless. for me Helplessness is the worst feeling of all.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.