I'm just really tired of life at this point

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by sadhart, Feb 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sadhart

sadhart Well-Known Member

I don't feel good right now....both physically and emotionally.I am so lonely and hopeless right now. I'm 11 months sober, but I feel like drinking to numb the pain. Really, I just feel like giving up right now. There are a lot of reasons why I feel this way, but overall, it's because I don't see my life ever getting better. I am ashamed of who I am .

Sorry, as I know this is nothing new, what I am saying. I just don't know what else to do right now.

2. scaryforest

scaryforest Banned Member

get a non alcohlic champagne or something? creates a small placebo effect
    idk if this advice is wise but it s better than going down the anti sober road

or some yummy snacks

what steps you gotta take to improve situation? do they seem unattainable?

3. sadhart

i'm sorry, but I'm trying to understand and appreciate the advice you gave me, but it is no way helpful and it's kindof confusing. And quite frankly, I don't think my situation will ever get better at this point in my life.

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hard to see a way out when depression hits. You are getting better you have been sober for 11 month not an easy thing to do but you have done it.
    Give yourself credit for the achievements you have accomplished Have you anyone a councilor that can help you perhaps find a volunteer job something you would like just to keep busy it helps.

5. scaryforest

lol my bad i sometimes fail with words.

eclipse is right.
    and keep refraining from drinking by finding alternatives. i know it seems bleak but there s always some light

6. sadhart

Funny you should bring up a counselor. I was gonna see my therapist friday but he rescheduled for next month. doesn't matter anyway....nothing in those dumbass sessions ever gets accomplished. I'm sorry for wasting everyone's time but I hate life and I need to find the courage to do end mine.

7. scaryforest

sadhart, mental health system is a mess. we should all remember that and pls you also remember. that is why it takes so long.
    we must keep up faith. i think you need opposite. not courage to end life but to make life.

8. sadhart

I s[[reciate what you are saying scaryforest...but right now, I just am struggling to see any of that. Tomorrow is friday the 13th and that day along with valentine's day have been very painful for me in the last few years. I hate saying it like that as if I enjoy the misery, because I don't. But I can't ignore the pain that I feel in my heart at this point. Sorry that I can't say that I feel better...because I don't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.