I'm just so tired of it all

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by jas, Apr 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jas

jas Member

I'm tired of feeling the way I do. I'm tired of completely hating myself. I'm tired of seeing nothing in regard to my future.

My peers talk about their futures, their plans. What career they want, the dream car, the perfect house, the notion of starting their own families. I cannot visualise myself at age 25 let alone at age 70; when others see a warm home filled with blissful memories I see nothing. Nothing awaits me. Depression and anxities have sucked the joy out of me, making my low self esteem and low confidence more prominent and just suffocating me.

The fact that I am seriously considering ending it all is beginning to seem comforting to me, and that scares me. The only thing that has stopped these thoughts before is my parents. Picturing them when they find out what I have done, leaving them to pick up my crappy pieces. I couldn't do that to them, I feel like they have invested so much into me, things like their love and time, and that it is my duty to carry on and to continue on life's path.

But as I've said, I'm just so tired of everything. I have lost interest in what life has to offer. I just want it to all be over.
  2. aussiegal

aussiegal Well-Known Member

I can relate to how you are feeling. Carrying on when you feel like that feels exhausting. No wonder you are tired of it all. Have you seen anyone professionally to get support?
    Take care. Hang in there. You obviously love your parents which is a great thing to hold on to.
  3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I feel the same way...like everyone has a great future and I don't...and that I'm comforted by death. You can talk to me if you'd like, and maybe we can help each other.
  4. Autumn01

Autumn01 Well-Known Member

This is me too.
    Everyday is miserable. I am so tired and done.
  5. Viktor Frankl wrote the famous book Man's Search For Meaning about his time in the concentration camps and how he was able to find meaning even in the most desperate circumstances.

"We who lived in the concentration camps can remember the men who walked through the huts comforting others, giving away their last piece of bread. They may have been few in number, but they offer sufficient proof that everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms - to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way."

He developed the psychology field of logotherapy "will to meaning". He believed that striving to find meaning is the most powerful motivating and driving force for humans.

Please watch this three segment interview

Viktor Frankl interview I

Viktor Frankl interview II

Viktor Frankl interview III
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.