im just too different

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by greenieguy, Apr 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greenieguy

greenieguy Banned Member

Today the girl who sits behind me messed up in the front of the room talking about growing vegetables like squash but she didnt say squash she said sasquatch. Now i do everything i can to shave my back and wear tight collared shirts but im sure she seen the stubles of my back hair which is why that word came to her mind. I hate that im different.

2. Hi,

How about trying to ignore her stupid remarks about you? Everyone is unique in their own way. Just ignore her.

3. Nysecia

Nysecia Member

I've got back hair too dude, doesn't make you a bad person, not at all, if anything it keeps us warm for the winter and is soft and fluffy :p Embrace it, it is part of you after all, and you're awesome, no matter what others say/do, keep your chin up! :)

4. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

This sounds like someone reading too much into everything around them - is it not possible that she could have just muddled up her words?

Does everything that you hear have to be aimed at you in a negative way to the point you react to it?

Just a couple of ideas - they are both possible.

Rather than always see the negatives - give yourself a chance of working out what positives there are about you - and don't focus too much on others words - especially if depricating.

5. greenieguy

greenieguy Banned Member

Thank you guys for the replies its nice to know that people are listening. The thing was i even laughed when she first said it because she said "and you can also grow sasquatch" then i thought about it and how she sits directly behind me and i was thinking she might have had been thinking about that before she went up there. However im hoping like you guys are saying that it was coicedence and im just paranoid. So hopefully you guys are right thank you

6. sudut

sudut Well-Known Member

Just ignore her.

7. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

I agree, just ignore her. You can be the better person for giving her the benefit of the doubt that she just messed up - talking in front of the class can be quite intimidating and nerve-wracking.

If she was trying to be "funny" - I am sure that her "joke" would have been lost on her audience anyway.

And if she was deliberately trying to be nasty then she isn't worth troubling yourself over.

People who like to put others down for being "different" are sad individuals.

8. greenieguy

greenieguy Banned Member

Yeah i dont think she was trying tobe mean but she might of had it on her mind after sitting behind me. However i shave every week or so and wear tight shirts so im hoping she wasnt thinking of me when she messed up. But idk sometimes i think i would be better off as bones in the ground or whatever because then i would be normal.

9. youRprecious!

greenie...... There's no such thing as "normal"!! We will all end up as bones in the ground or ashes in a pot one day in time - in the meantime we have been given the gift of life and have been dealt the cards we have. It's no good to moan about the cards we've been given, as there will always be others around who have been given better cards than us, that's just how life is. Yes, it IS unfair and life can be cruel and unkind with some of the cards it deals out. I had a similar problem (female version) to what you describe, there are ways to deal with it so it doesn't play on your mind so much - that, plus acceptance of what it teaches us (ie that people ARE different both on the outside and the inside, we cannot all be the same, fitting into the same box, neither were we ever meant to) that life and beauty are more than skin deep, and "I am not my body".

"I am not my body"..... The Real You is a spiritual being, who has a soul, and our body is just the overcoat we wear while living. :)

Someone famous has recently died because of believing the lie that she was her body. Apparently, she 'ate' nothing but fruit-juice fasts for weeks at a time trying to achieve what she thought was perfection. She has left behind a young family.....(what a legacy :() .... who wouldn't have cared 2 hoots about any extra pounds as long as they could still have their mum around..... It's what goes on between our ears that is most important, not our appearance :)

10. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

You are wonderfully unique. There was much thought and planning when you were being made. Be proud of your uniqueness. Blessings...

11. greenieguy

greenieguy Banned Member

Thanks for the support you guys it is nice to be able to talk about these feelings

12. youRprecious!

.... and with people who care and can support you as you integrate them :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.