Im Keith.I feel so alone and unliked i dont how much longerbI can hang on

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by chariskeith, May 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chariskeith

chariskeith New Member

Im Keith.Im in my late 40s and I feel as if my life is now over.I live on my own,only one good friend who visits me.Ive been to social networking groups but never seem to be able to make friends.I cant find a partner-have messaged loads of ppl on POF and other dating sites-havent had a response in ages.I feel like nobody likes me and living on my own I feel empty and dead inside.Ultimately I think suicide will be the only solution to the emptiness and my invisibility to othet people!!!
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi Keith you are not invisible here i am sorry you are feeling so alone. hugs
  3. Lune Bleue

Lune Bleue Member

I'm new myself and sorta clumsy about expressing it, but I know how terribly loneliness and emptiness is. Hope you find something (or someone) for you here. Good luck as well, you definitively need it.
  4. dodger1

dodger1 New Member

hey keith, i can understand the feelings of lonliness. i know its hard meeting folk, i feel isolated too and i am actually married and have family around me. but i hope you can hang on as i am sure at some point things will change for you. i hope you can hang in there bud.
  5. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Welcome to SF Keith, I am glad you found us. Lots of good people here willing to listen and talk to you. Getting into a relationship on most internet dating sites is incredibly hard work these days. Unlike a few years ago, now (particularly on the free or very low cost sites) because so many of the members are scammers (to go along with what was always users , players, and just people you would not want to meet that are everywhere). It makes even knowing if it is a real account you are messaging or one of 25 accounts some scammer is running on multiple sites with photos scraped from Facebook nearly impossible.

I say this not to discourage you , but to point out the lack of response very likely has little bearing on you since so many of the people on POF and these sort of sites are not even real! Add to that on internet dating sites males outnumber females 25 to 1 in real members/people , and would be like going into a bar with 75 people , only 3 women- and expecting to be the one that gets the date. You can in fact meet somebody and find a date and if you date enough different you are sure to find somebody you click with - but there will be far far more no not rights than "the right one" in the process.

I hope you stick around here for a while, get to know some people on here where it is real people. We can't get you a date here, but we can talk and let you know you are not alone, and you can make friends with real people that share similarities in feeling alone and share ideas that have helped others in your situation to try to make life better and worth living. You are not invisible here.

Take Care and Be Safe

- Ben
  6. chariskeith

chariskeith New Member

Hi Thanks for that.Nice to know others struggle with being lonely too.
  7. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Hey Keith, welcome to the site. You're not invisible here; I hope you'll stick around, reach out and try to make some friends.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.