I'm Leaving This Site......

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by chooselife, Nov 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chooselife

chooselife Well-Known Member

I just cannot take reading these messages anymore from people who are sooooo willing to give up on life. Life is about FACING your challenges, your pain, combating your fears, growing from them and moving on. Period!

I am not referring to everybody. These people know who they are. YES we all have problems, depression, mental ailments. SOME things we feel are out of our control, a lot of the time this can be treated with medication. A chemical imbalance can be treated with the RIGHT medication. Problems can be treated by facing them not running from them.

It irks me when people come in here and say "Okay I've set a date" What the F**k? Do you think we REALLY want to know that? most of the people in here are already depressed, they don't want to hear that someone has set a date to kill themselves. Deal with it! come in here for support, advice, and clear your chest, but to tell people you are about to kill yourself? Call the frigging police, get the help you obviously need.

I'm sick of hearing it. I'm sick of people saying they are going to kill themselves because their boy or girlfriend has split up with them and they are heartbroken....Yes, this is life, billions of people have their heart broken. They get over it! It's about feeding your soul with good and bad, you have to experience pain in order to grow. I get that your world has come to an end, been there done that, It is a horrible feeling. If you believe in destiny then you must surely know that it wasn't meant to be and there is someone else for you.

Nobody said life is easy. It is not meant to be easy, when are you going to get that? There are things in this world we have to go through which ultimately make us stronger, wiser individuals.

Some of you seem to take life for granted. Some of you seem to think that it is okay to kill yourself, well it is not. Get a grip, work on your pain and stop running from everything. Stop blaming others for how you feel. It's not them it's you. Change your thought process, change your life if you have to in order to become happy again. There are ways in which to overcome, but you have to want to, and if you do, take on that battle and conquer it.

Stop the self pity and say to yourself "Okay I am not going to let this bring me down. I am not going to let this get the better of me, I am stronger than that. I am not giving in to this!".

I understand that some people don't want to be helped, but those that do, you can help yourself, but nobody can do that but YOU. Others can guide you and advise you, but it is you who determines the life you are living.

How do I know what I am talking about? well, I have studied psychology for 20 odd years. As a kid I was abused. In my teens through my twenties, I suffered with Social Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Anxiety, very low self esteem. I was raped at aged 24. I suffered for years because of abuse from my father. I was unloved as a child. My mother was a manic depressive, my father was a demanding, patronizing SOB who made me feel I was worthless my whole life. Was kicked out at 16 with nowhere to go. I became homeless, living in my car, then had my car repossessed, filed bankruptcy, had my hear broken three times, was kicked out of three more of my homes in my thirties since none of them belonged to me. Had everything I ever owned thrown in a trash can never to be seen again. Lived with a psychotic person who tried to kill me, and took more abuse. Attempted suicide because I never got the help I needed. Lived much of my life in pain because I never received treatment. Stayed in the mental home after my suicide attempt and finally got the meds and guidance I needed. Lost both of my parents to cancer. Never got to see or say goodbye to either one of them. Was living in an abyss for years and years, in intense emotional pain and depression. Well that's SOME of it. Yeah I had a friggin shitty effed up life too, which is why I want to say "My life is great now! I finally have a home, someone who loves me and vice versa". I am glad I did not die because the rest of this life will be great for me. I have grown through this pain because I confronted all of it in the end. I confronted my dad who admitted he loved my sister more than me, I always knew this of course, but to have him tell me "Yes I do" Well I forgave him because he had a fucked up childhood too, which is why he took his crap out on me, he never got help either.

If your life seems bad now, there is light if you work through it. Don't wait as long as I did! It doesn't have to be a shitty life.

Adious, and good luck to those who want to help themselves. Be brave, and strong.

2. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I am sorry to hear you are leaving us. SF is not for everyone and if you recognize that is the case for you then your decision is to be respected. I am sorry to hear about the life you had to learn to deal with, but I am pleased to hear you were ably to move through it all and get beyond it. Some people are stronger than others. You appear to be very strong. I wish you well and remember that should you decide you would like to come back, we will be waiting with open arms. Take care; :hug:

3. boo

boo Well-Known Member

So you're telling people not to quit by quitting the site? The man talks the talk but dont walks the walk
    Life is blahblahblah AND NO PERDIOD pls! Who are you? do you know me?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2009
  4. KirstyMissJimBob

KirstyMissJimBob Well-Known Member

WTF! this is a bit harsh dont u think!
    your basically saying that people who want to commit suicide dont want help. thats a load of shit! my cuz wanted help but NO ONE helped him so he killed himself, my best mate went to counselling and tried to get help but no one helped him so he left.So tell me that then aye that they didnt want help!!!!
    Everyone goes through different shit, and when people post on here that they have set a date IT IS A CRY FOR HELP if they didnt want help they would NOT post! Everyone has there own issues and it may not seem bad to YOU but it is bad for them ok. You dont need to have a go at people because they want to end thier life, you should be there for them instead!

this thread has triggered some people i am talking to!

Im sorry for what you have been through but i dont think this thread is very nice. i am here if u need to talk.

5. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

Kirsty :hug:

6. chooselife

chooselife Well-Known Member

You're misunderstanding my whole point. I WANT people to get well. I want them to live and lead happier lives. It hurts me to see people in pain. Yes it is a cry for help, I understand that, so they should get the help they need. There is help out there.

7. aki

aki Well-Known Member

Sometimes help doesn't work.

8. DrivEthermissIon

DrivEthermissIon Banned Member

It's okay

Poor thing.

Can't you guys see what chooselife has been through?

They were trying to say what I was - 'Look for the good'.

:hug::fart::drunk::wheelchair::surrender::arms: :badger: :badday::horse2:

I was crying coz of this post. I'm so sorry... ;__;

9. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

lol love the wheelchair smiley :)

10. DrivEthermissIon

Don't let the problems of other people get to you, I know you care so much, sometimes people are just venting ^___^. They won't give up.

11. DrivEthermissIon

I won't give up. People are reaching out for help here - it's positive.

12. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Re: It's okay

Your post was pretty harsh, considering there's no possible way you can know every situation and every person's pain. Some people can't afford to get help; sometimes getting help doesn't work for everyone. There are so many reasons why people are here, and nobody has the right to judge them.

13. aki

aki Well-Known Member

Can't you understand that some people cannot cope with life's ups and downs, that some people don't respond to treatment, that they don't know where to turn, that life stretches before them looking terrrifying and bleak. You've been through hell so surely you should know that life is hell for some people. I see that you also have attempted suicide yourself. Don't you feel like a hypocrite telling us all how weak and selfish we are, when you were in the same place once? I don't get it. Maybe you should leave because you obviously aren't understanding how a suicidal person's mind works.

Bottom line is:You have NO RIGHT to judge someone who is feeling suicidal. NO ONE can understand how that person feels.

EDIT: haha Wildcherry got there first.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2009
  14. DrivEthermissIon

*smiles*

I know you're in a lot of pain chooselife :hugtackles: It's okay ^__^

15. DrivEthermissIon

;__; Better dry my tears so no-one sees. ^__^

16. perfectempire

perfectempire Active Member

It is funny to me that someone would join a forum as macabre as a suicide forum and make "chooselife" their username...(LOL)

Thanks for trying to help us, but I don't think it's going over very well! Perhaps things can be restated in a way that comes off as soothing rather than criticizing. The mood of frustration overshadows any positive message that was supposed to be transmitted. The entire post comes off as angry. I suppose it was indeed an announcement that the OP is leaving the forum, but wow.

17. ace

ace Well-Known Member

Maybe they're getting the help they need,how do you really no they aren't and what they've been through.Yes I applaud you for studying for so long,but at the same time sorry you don't walk in other people's shoes also and live their pain.I'm sure if they could get better like that they would,but easier sdaid than done.Can I ask you a question you have studied for so long,but have you ever actually suffered any mental illness and seriosuly so.If your answer is No then I rest my case enough said thankyou very much.Otherise keep alot of the ignorance to yourself please,i find your comments extremely offensive to people who are hrting so badly.

Whether someone has broken up with a boyfriend or girlfriend,is that really less of a reason to feel depressed?people have feelings and emotions,please try to stop downplay such of what someone has gone through as nothing people on here aren't weak,people who have a mental illness and have attempted or suicided aren't weak.The weak are the one's who have no idea and have no clue what it's like,sorry for the talk but it irks me right up when people think they know what it's like remember you don't walk anyone else's shoes.Sorry I couldn't hold back on this one enough is enough someone needs to say something.

If you feel so depressed or want to die for whatever reason then it's so serious,not to say that's not a reason to do it because if the person could say true it's not flick that switch let's go on happily ever after.Let this click in your mind,no one loves feeling depressed ok if they could stop it like that they would and we wouldn't have such the severe problems we do,but sadly we do I've had enough to go on about this personally enough now.

18. nolonger

Well atleast perfectempire could say what I was trying to type :laugh:.

19. DrivEthermissIon

:mikeintx:for LongRoad95

20. nolonger

:laugh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.