I'm letting it take me down again!!

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Stranger1, Nov 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I don't know how to put it in words. I was trying to help a new friend and thought things were going to be O.K. then she just quit talking so I was worried about her. I got ahold of someone to help me and we managed to get a MOD to step in and see what she thought.
    The next day I was talking to a friend who told me the other one was always trying to get attention by lying. Well I have major trust issues so I took sides against her. Acouple days later i was speaking to her again. When she heard what had happened, she went off the deep end. Now she thinks I am just another asshole. All I was doing was trying to help and it backfired on me. My trust is out the window again. I am sorry I hurt two people in the last couple of days. I will keep my advice to myself because that is the last thing I want to do is harm someone by saying the wrong things.
  2. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

don't stop being who you are joseph just because of this, you are naturally a caring person to those who are suffering on here.
    trouble is that on forums like this theres no telling who is being 100% honest, just a sad fact of life. all you can do is treat everybody the same and help out the way you see fit by taking them and their troubles at face value.
    attention seekers are suffering too i supose.

don't let it get you down and don't stop giving advice :hug:
  3. Oak

Oak Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Hey Joseph, I've read many of your posts giving sound advice to people so dont let a single episode bring you down and prevent you from helping others.
    Even, as pointed out Andy, attention seekers are suffering and need help. They just dont know how to get the proper help they need so be clement and keep doing the good job you've been doing.

All the best
    Granny xx
  4. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

Joseph, your posts on this forum are some of the wisest words to people that I see. Please don't allow this incident to stop that. You are a great help to too many people for that to happen. Best wishes.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.