I'm lonely, please help

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Tigerlily123, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Tigerlily123

Tigerlily123 New Member

I tried suicide omni chat but ended up getting into drama with the people their. I want to make a friend without offending anyone. I have always been insulted by people for my looks and my weight. I would just like to find someone who likes me for me. I also tried okcupid, but those guys tried to take advantage of me, not date me or love me. Wheir can, I find the right person online?

2. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

There are a million chat rooms and places to meet people on the internet, where really depends on what you are looking for (friends/romance/relationships) and what your interests are. I have made a lot of good friends in the chat room and forums here. The key to making friends online is not different than in the real world, you need to be in one place often enough and long enough to meet some people and get to know them enough to decide if you want to maintain a relationship with them and if so what type. Just like in the real world, places you like to hang out and things you like to do will be different than some other people so search for places based on what you like to do and what you are looking for.

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hello Tigerlily and welcome to SF. We're a very friendly bunch here, you can make a lot of friends here. May I ask what is causing you to be suicidal? You can talk to us here in confidence, we are not going to judge you and certainly not going to take advantage of you!!

4. Northern

Northern SF Supporter

Welcome to SF,

It's a great place here to get support and make friends. I like our chat a lot.

For dating and love, it might not be the best place but you never know. Just need to meet the good one.

5. just_some_guy

just_some_guy Member

I'm not sure about meeting someone online. I'm also trying OKCupid, but, speaking as a guy, it's more like "the sound of crickets" situation. Same with Match.com, POF, etc. See if you can get an introduction through a friend or family member. That's definitely the best route, when it's available.