I'm lonely

A_J_R

I'm new here and not sure what I want to say or how to say it. But I will definitely say that I feel very alone. I've been carrying a secret that makes me feel like an outsider in a world I used to feel more comfortable in. It's possibly led to some alienation and it's also kept me distant from people who only want to be my friend.

I've gone through a lot of things in my life but the loneliness I feel right now is excruciating. I'm crying now just writing those words, because I can't really say them, because to say them would be to reveal what I'm trying to bury inside of me.

I don't know if this makes sense, but I'm curious about who else feels lonely and if there's anything you've done to help make things easier on yourself?

For me, I have an active life on the internet. I go to people who don't really know me, and I form friendships that are pretty superficial for the most part. It helps. I can stay away from the serious stuff, and still possibly make a connection.

I don't know. I want to tell people what's inside of me, but I'm at a loss to really express it properly.

BTW: I realize that I'm asking for advice here, and this is the wrong thread. I guess I just want a little compassion, and to know I'm not alone. Thank you.

Sad Elf

Hi,

There was a post about loneliness the other day, might be worth checking it out.

I think it's probably a common thing for depressed \ anxious people to be lonely, for me I have so much to worry about, I don't really have the time to cultivate friendships, and my OCD alienates me from people.

I guess I have tried to get more comfortable with superficial friendships, I have become one of those random middle aged people who talks to anyone! It's not the same as a friend but it helps.

Take care
Elf

I'm crying now just writing those words, because I can't really say them, because to say them would be to reveal what I'm trying to bury inside of me
There are probably some other folks here that are dealing with the same issue, whatever that issue is.

Hugs

You're welcome to PM me if you'd like

I hope things can get better soon

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
For me I can't offer much advice on the loneliness since I have never been lonely and never cared to join in with others, but it is sad to hear how down you are. I have always been an outsider never really invited in and have done some things in my past that those living in this area know of that I understand can make others uncomfortable to be around me. I would not be surprised to see that others may have good suggestions for you and I hope some might.

Ivy100

SF Supporter
I'm new here and not sure what I want to say or how to say it. But I will definitely say that I feel very alone. I've been carrying a secret that makes me feel like an outsider in a world I used to feel more comfortable in. It's possibly led to some alienation and it's also kept me distant from people who only want to be my friend.

I've gone through a lot of things in my life but the loneliness I feel right now is excruciating. I'm crying now just writing those words, because I can't really say them, because to say them would be to reveal what I'm trying to bury inside of me.

I don't know if this makes sense, but I'm curious about who else feels lonely and if there's anything you've done to help make things easier on yourself?

For me, I have an active life on the internet. I go to people who don't really know me, and I form friendships that are pretty superficial for the most part. It helps. I can stay away from the serious stuff, and still possibly make a connection.

I don't know. I want to tell people what's inside of me, but I'm at a loss to really express it properly.

BTW: I realize that I'm asking for advice here, and this is the wrong thread. I guess I just want a little compassion, and to know I'm not alone. Thank you.
I know how you feel and have a great deal of compassion for you
I have been lonely at different points in my life and now is one of them. It is a kind of pain. It hurts. I don't want to offer false reassurances, but as someone older I can say that it doesn't last forever. A spell of lonliness can break a d it really takes so little, one new friend- or connecting with one old friend for that matter_ can be incredibly soothing and break through the pain. I hope you can find people here who help. So many of us understand.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00