I'm loosing all interest in talking to people

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Ordep, Nov 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ordep

Ordep Well-Known Member

I think months of almost total solitude except for my mother are starting to take its toll on me. I dunno, I don't feel like talking to anyone about anything, if I did what my mind's telling me to, I wouldn't even be here, because I really don't feel like saying or even reading anything in here or anywhere, against everything that's adviasable and good for me, I don't want to talk to anyone. I think if I saw someone I know on the street I'd look the other way and see if I could pass unnoticed, because I really don't feel like having any human contact.

Has anyone felt something like this? The last time I talked to anyone except for my mother was a week ago, and it was a brief and angry exchange of text messages. But the truth is that except for this brief exchange of words, I haven't really talked with anyone for more than 10 minutes since August or longer.
  2. bubblin girl

bubblin girl Well-Known Member

for the last 4 years..I didnt talk to anybody...i dont wanna meet people..I oly chat on msg and post here....yesterday & today, i didnt wanna talk to any even here...I still didnt reply to people who send msg or vistor msg....i wanna reply..but i just dont wanna talk to any cos im so upset...

in the last 4 years...I lost or interest in life...and cos of that...i live all day in my bed room...and barly go out of bed...i lost all contact of human...i even lost all oral comincation skill...I even donno how to talk anymore..i start to forget how to use my mouth...Its all depression i guess...and cos im so hated from people & people make fun of me...im scared of rejection...in the last 4 years...i only say "Hi" for only people how say hi...and wake away..that is not even take 2 sec....even with my mom i only wave...no talk at all...i speak very few words like only one or 2 cos i have to reply to teacher...othere wise i dont speak...

im kinda person love to talk...but some how i cant...feel it will take alot of energy that i dont have cos of depression...

anyway...hope you are diffrent case than me...maybe just few days and pass...
  3. morfea

morfea Antiquities Friend

I don't know if you can relate to this, but I have lost the interest to talk to people when depression hit me hard again this year. I don't even like to talk to my best friend more then half an hour, and we used to talk for hours when we met. People at work have noticed this but I've come to the point where I don't even care any more. I've lost interest in reading also and I miss it but can't make myself do it, I can't stay focused on one subject for too long. Maybe it will all pass just like it came, I hope so.
  4. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

I have lots of times when I don't want to talk to people. There are times when I don't want to interact on the computer either. I take a break and get some extra rest.

5. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

I'm becoming this way.
    I used to be uber social, but I am becoming more and more disillusioned with people and I'm almost to the point now where I just cannot be bothered. I am enjoying my own company too much and the internet and posting on forums seems to suffice as 'human interaction' enough for me.
    Skypeing, Facebook, MSN and Emailing is still a little too much, I'm not sure I can be entirely bothered with all of that anymore either. Just these random posts are seemingly more than enough because I don't have to make any if I don't want to and I'm not forced to reply to anybody, you know?

I'm a little scared at how things have become though to tell the truth.

I never thought it would come to this...
  6. Ziggy

Ziggy Antiquitie's Friend

I don't talk to people much. When I first used to post here I liked to think that what I said was important or interesting, but I came to realise it didn't matter, and in a way that's a good thing. Anything I say, think or believe, doesn't matter, but then does life itself matter? Yet you realise that people can hurt each other so much so I think it's wrong to say that what I do doesn't matter. Actions are what are important. But what gets me is that people don't accept this, people judge you by what you say, you can't lead a good life in silence. (Why does everyone have to point out to you how quiet you are? Like I don't know?)
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2009
  7. Ordep

Ordep Well-Known Member

Thanks for all your replies, yeah, I'm also scared about this. The way my life is going, being alone wont do me any good. I recognise if I'm to move my life foward, I need friends, and people that care about me, I long to feel loved once more.

But I just don't want to go out and talk to people. Even being here I don't really feel like talking to almost anyone. I never spend a day without going to the cofee house subforum to make some pointless but still funny and usefull (for my social needs) posts. Now I have no interest in going there, I dunno what's up over there, and I don't feel like knowing.

School starts again next monday for me, and its being painful to think I'll have to hear other people talk again in 3 days. I'd rather just stay here in total isolation. Some time ago, before joining SF, I was so desperate for anything social that I'd watch people's online vlogs just to get a feeling of people talking to me (pretty lame I know, oh well, that's what desperation does to you). But now I don't want any communication with the outside world. I think I'm growing fond of my solitude.
  8. LDA

LDA Well-Known Member

Same here. It's a strange and foreign feeling.
  9. Ziggy

Ziggy Antiquitie's Friend

In a way my solitude is enhanced by other people. This sounds strange but I like to play computer games on my own, so I like to read people's review of the latest games. I watch a lot of anime on my own, so I'm interested if people like what I like, what else would they recommend. I'll stay in on my own and listen to a band. Is their latest album any good, what do other people think? This is why I think the internet is great, because I don't actually like being with people, but I want to be connected with them to enhance my own solitude.
  10. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, I'd say I'm going down that path, well either that or my life takes a drastic turn for the worst. But I like to think, somehow I will make it. I don't think I'm the most social of people anyhow, considering I stress extremely over somethings. I don't actually picture myself living an overtly social life in the distant future anyways. Mmm guess we'll just have to see what happens :(.
  11. jacknife

jacknife Guest

Is the real issue here the act of socializing, or is it the people one socializes with that matters most?

Consider the population of humanity in its entirety. Think about the types of people who are breeding the most. Now, think about the type of person you are.
  12. am I alive

am I alive Well-Known Member

Me too, I've lost any interest even to see my few friends and i barely force myself to answer to SMS or phone. The sad thing is they don't know much of my depression so they might be thinking I am doing it from some other reason:dunno:
  13. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

Ditto :sad:.
  14. Lost Soul

Lost Soul Member

I understand totally.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.