I'm loosing hope

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by vader74, Jul 3, 2016.

1. vader74

vader74 Member

I tried getting help...its not working
    what do you do when it seems hopeless?

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi there and welcome to the forum vader, what kind of help did you try to get?
    Talk to your doctor about alternative methods of treatment. Depression can go away but it takes a lot of patience and support, please keep on reaching out to us and your doctor and hopefully it will make a difference. Good luck to you.

3. vader74

vader74 Member

I tried my doctor, and the mental health organization and phone help.......I have tried them all.
    I recently was cutting and have stopped because its not filling the void like it did before.
    I feel like i'm dieing and cant stop it.
    I fear myself now. I dont want to die....but I dont think I can control it.
    And before anyone says it...i'm not on drugs or self medicating.
    Only taking was I was given by a doctor.
    I dont think I will do it soon but I fear I will do it when I least expect it...I dont trust myself anymore.

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

It sure sounds like you are going through a pretty rough time right now and I am sorry that you are and understand your feelings, have you tmentioned to your doctor that the medications aren't helping? You could try more if they allow it. I have been on a lot of different medications until I found the ones that worked again, not saying my life ismperfect but that bit better than what it was. I tried loads of different anti depressants and have now found the combination that is working. So maybe you just need a change of meds and some therapy. Trust me, suicide is not worth it. Don't do it for you or because of anyone else, your life is important and you do matter even if you don't think so now! Good luck,