I'm losing it, i could use some advice

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Arthur, Jan 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arthur

Arthur Account Closed

To anyone who cares, i'd like to say i'm fed up with my job.
    The job i'm doing makes me suicidal.
    My colleagues are mean hypocrites.
    I've been struggling with suicidal thoughts last year and now those feelings are back.... after taking so much medication, and after so much therapy etc. ...
    I don't have much work experience, i don't have many skills, but i wish i could get a job where time flies and where i can be myself, where i can find satisfaction of the work i have done.
    My job makes me really insecure about myself, and i need money to pay bills like everyone else...

I'm totally clueless.

I'm such a mess...

I know suicide is the easy way out, but it's been in my mind a lot these days.
    There's no easy way out in life. Everything has to be this hard...But why...?

2. marjoke

marjoke Account Closed

Dear Arthur,

I'm sure things will work out good for you but you have to keep believing in yourself. Please Arthur, don't give up... I'm standing right behind you... I believe in you!!!

Sincerely,
    Marjo

3. Arthur

Arthur Account Closed

Thanks marjoke, you're so kind!

4. lachrymose27

lachrymose27 Well-Known Member

hey Arthur, i know someone who is pretty much going through the same ordeal. I am also in the same predicament... feel insecure... no work experience... But experience develops with time. hang in there, there will be problems wherever we go. lucky you have a job when others don't. If you found a new job, you might find other problems to be unhappy with... It's not anyones fault, depression has a strangle hold on all of us, just need to find that mental fortitude to carry on. goodluck

5. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

My dad was in a similar situation a couple of years ago where being at work just made him get sicker and sicker and he became very ill and would refuse to leave the house to go to work. He managed to sign himself off from work which helped pay the bills as he was still getting paid on sick leave but when he was well enough to do so he searched hard and low for jobs, even stacking shelves in a super market. Eventually he put himself up for voluntary redundancy and got himself a new job. Now he is doing much better.

6. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

If your job is making you feel suicidal, then it's time to find a new job. I know you said you don't have much work experience but it will be better in the long run to find a job that is less stressful on you. Please don't kill yourself, you have so much to live for. :smile:

7. Tmacster1

Tmacster1 Well-Known Member

I would quit and find another job. I assume you have plenty of work experience to go find another one because jobs look at work experience and volunteer work. Jobs that make you suicidal should be avoidable. I hope you can find a job that your comfortable with doing because that might be the job for you. You don't need to kill yourself because I'm sure you have a bright future ahead of you. :)

Trevor,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.