I'm lost and confused.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by 163919, Jul 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 163919

163919 Member

so basically ya. I'm just gonna get right to it. I'm 19 and highly depressed. My parents got a divorce last year and I'm having to pick up the slack. My moms not working and is also depressed my friends tell me to move out and leave her on her own. But none of them know that I'm suicidal and I just got done fighting with my mom and found out that she wants out if u know what I mean. I'm so lost and confused. All I want to do is live my life and go to school graduate and have my own family yet right now I'm so lost in despair and fear there's not much left for me. Suicide seems like a nice thing and more and more I think about doing it and it scares me. And I think how I would feel if my mom did it and that's how she would feel towards me doing it. I don't what to do I'm in a trance and feel numb all the time. And have no emotion. I've already see a counselor and it didn't work. Ugh confusion.

2. Susan_G

Susan_G Well-Known Member

I think you get out of therapy what you put in. You may need to find a therapist that works for you. That is someone you can trust.

3. middleofnowhere

middleofnowhere Well-Known Member

You saw a counselor and it didn't work. If one medication doesn't work, should we give up and say it didn't work, so nothing else will? Therapy takes time and real effort. I understand how you're feeling - been there and still am - and it's really hard to do anything that requires energy. It sounds to me that you are looking for help at a good time, before suicide seems to be the only solution. Keep looking. Help is out there.

4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I agree, sometimes it takes a while to find the right therapist. I went thru a couple of them before I found the one I am with now. We have been working together for over three years. Something you need to keep in mind is they have to grow with you because they don't know anything about you. Give them a chance and see what happens. Take Care..:chopper:..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.