I'm lost.

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by shounagatsuki, Dec 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shounagatsuki

shounagatsuki Member

Hello everyone.

I joined this forum after a friend of mine from another mental health forum said that this is the better place to talk about depression and suicidal thoughts. These two subjects are taboo in where I live, and even among my online friends. "Laugh, and people will laugh with you; cry and you'll cry alone." That's what I experienced for the whole 20 years. People gathered around me when I was cheerful and happy, but when I wanted to talk about my problem no one listened. Even my own mother. So my only hope is finding compassion and understanding from forums like this.

I hope I'm welcomed here.

2. iNeedYou

iNeedYou Member

you're really welcome here.
    feel free to contact me whenever you want, I'm always here for you, even when I'm offline.
    welcome on SF. *hug*

3. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

You surely will be welcomed shounagatsuki - just be a little bit patient with it being the holidays, if the replies take a while to come in - but everyone is welcomed here who writes in to talk about about stuff which needs compassion and understanding - it is a great site with no judgement or condemnation - we all know what it is like to be in the same boat :) Please take some time to familiarise yourself with all the forums/chat rooms etc., everything seems to have been thought about, and I look forward to listening and suggesting anything to help :)

4. xsomewhatdamagedx

xsomewhatdamagedx Well-Known Member

Of course you are welcome here :)

5. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Hello and welcome! The same thing happens to me quite often, when I'm the life of the party, I'm well loved...when I'm not, I get avoided like the plague. So I know how bad that feels. You won't be rejected here, we are all dealing with different things but are here to support each other.

6. shounagatsuki

shounagatsuki Member

Thank you for such warm welcome, everyone. I'll look around this forum more often. I hope you guys have a nice holiday season. In my case it's a very terrible one, haha. ^^"

7. comfortandsupport

comfortandsupport New Member

My dear shounagatsuki

I feel you pain and wish I were there to give you a hug:semi-twins:I wanted to message you privately but I am too new.

I see that you are having a terrible time over the holidays,that is true for many.I have suffered for many years but am now well and happy .

I want to help you too.When I am feeling down I have certain techniques that I use,they comfort me and also help retrain my brain to see things more positvely.

Eventually no matter what devastating circumstances have occurred to cause the depression and suicidal thoughts these can be overcome completely.

I know how hard it is,hang in there and look for a tiny bit of light in the dungeon of the feelings you have.

Please message me.

Lusana

8. TheBLA

TheBLA Well-Known Member

Shou, welcome to this forum. I am the one who had recommended you here from that one. ^_^
    I didn't see you there for a while and I was very worried. I am glad you are still ok and you found a home here instead. I am absolutely positive that you will find support on this forum as well.

This forum of course is more geared towards help with suicide so it may be more helpful and give you a different perspective than the other one more geared towards social anxiety.

Please take care of yourself and I hope we can touch base again soon as well. I've missed you very much.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2013
  9. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

People here are very understanding and compassionate hun No-one will judge you nice to meet you hugs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.