I'm lost

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Austin, Nov 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Austin

Austin New Member

I don't know who I am or who I want to be. It seems every time I try to seek help I get the same answers over and over again and it makes me lose a lot of hope. I lack a lot of confidence because I just can't believe in myself. Sometimes I wonder if anyone believes in me. My girlfriend left me about 6 months ago because she doesn't see me going anywhere in life. That relationship was the best I've ever had and even she didn't believe in me. Sometimes I think it might just be best to end it all here to ease the constant confusion and melancholy.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Self confidence is hard to get but it is possible I am sorry you are struggling with it. If you are in school a councilor there can help you find the direction you may want to strive for in life they have programs that help you see what your goals my want to be. It does not matter what others think of you ok what does matter is what YOU think of you. You can succeed some times we just need help to get there so reach out for that support
    career counseling is available here and it can help you get employment as well. I believe in you because i know that everyone has worth and can succeed they can start believing in you ok

2 people like this.
  3. True-Lee

True-Lee Well-Known Member

Austin, I am sorry that you are feeling lost, I understand you losing hope, I am not sure if it will help you right now because you are in Depression, you cannot see very clearly when you are depressed, it is due to the chemicals in your brain, you are unable to concentrate and a lot of other negative feelings, with all of that said, I believe in you! I can feel your frustration, I sense you loss, I can empathize! If I can do ll of that, I can believe in you! I would like it if you would share some more about yourself if you would, Please!
    I want you to at least hold on for a while before you do anything or take any action, I would like a chance to talk with you. we in this Forum are here for you to support and help you! You are important You are a worthwhile individual, you deserve the chance to be heard and to speak for yourself! I await your response!

4. Austin

Austin New Member

What about my life exactly?

5. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

Austin, I would like to know what you are interested in. If that is nothing right now, what interested you in the past. Do you have friends that do things you might be interested in? If so, what are those? Did you have dreams and hopes when you were younger. It would be great to hear some of those. Sometimes you are really still interested in these things, but just can't see it due to the depression. There are so many opportunities in this world. When self esteem is low, it is often good to start with the simpler things. You succeed there, the self esteem goes up. Then you try something else. There is a way out of this.

6. True-Lee

True-Lee Well-Known Member

Well Austin, I asked you that question, You said you did not know who you were, I asked you to tell me a little more about your life and what happened to bring you here without hope and all alone, I said i believed in you because I could sense the hurt and loss of hope! so I knew that you had hope before and you were not always hurting! I think that you can once again have self confidence! with that said I am here!

7. Austin

Austin New Member

I use to draw a lot. Lately I haven't had much interest in it. I do have a friend who's an artist, but he's been pretty busy lately. I wanted to be a police officer, but I'm not sure anymore. I also wanted to be a tattoo artist, but I'm not too confident with my artistic skill.

8. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

Austin, I describe my artistic skills as being unable to even draw a dot. And that is about right. But I recently got into 'adult coloring books'. You can get them all over the place, but good spots are Amazon and Barnes and Noble. They contain very complex sketches that you add the character to, often with colored pencils. But you can use whatever medium you like. If it does not revive an interest in drawing, it will take your mind off things for a while. These drawings are complex. It takes hours to complete one. Maybe it would give you ideas about tattoos. Exciting enough ones to tempt you to try it. I totally understand you doubts about being a police officer. A noble profession, but a very difficult and dangerous one, especially these days.

9. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi there Austin. I think that's a classic sign of depression-having thing you used to enjoy. Could you talk to your friend about how you are feeling? I think you should get linked in with the mental health services. It might help a lot, they could offer therapy, many types of therapy i.e group therapy, CBT, DBT etc.. A social worker might be able to help you choose career and give you that push of extra support that you need. A psychiatrist can assess you and refer you to others who can help as well as treating the under lying conditions. I hope you get well soon but i'm glad you have posted here for support.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.