I'm NEVER going to eat again!

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by I-Died-In-My-Dream, Dec 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I-Died-In-My-Dream

I-Died-In-My-Dream Well-Known Member

I'm so fat (just a bit chubby) and I want to be as thin as a skeleton so I've decided to never eat until I'm skeleton thin. My medication, Olanzapine, is what made me gain weight and my doctor won't take me of it so I'm gonna stop eating completely. I'll only be drinking water.
  2. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

did you know that since your not eating the body can decided to keep all the fat it can get and thus making you gain weight...its your body's way of stocking in nutrients since it doesn't know when you'll be eating again...the best way to go about losing weight, is to regulate your eating habits, like eating at the same hours, that way your body realises that its getting food regurlarly and will stop stocking the nutrients...also eat smaller meals...drink loads of water to help flush out the toxins

you know there's nothing wrong with a little meat around your bones...I had friends that were skinny like a skeleton and they weren't happy at all...not alot of men want to be with a girl that'll blow away at the first raise of the wind or break a bone just by being touched...
  3. Disappear

Disappear Well-Known Member

I've tried this, and failed everytime, it's hard work!
  4. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

Same because you will eat eventually. When you do you'll be eating everything. Survival instincts. Your body really wants you to live.
    There are other better more permanant ways of losing weight. Just have to find what works for you. :)
    Don't want to promote it but I lost more weight on low carb then I ever did starving myself.
  5. Brighid Moon

Brighid Moon Member & Antiquities Friend

I've done this, off and on, for about 40 years.

Just so you know, this is a really crappy idea, and this is why:

1) your body will store more fat because it is starving. Sure, it'll eventually eat the fat, but when you start eating again your body will be in scarcity mode and everything will come back and then some (my 200 pounds, 80 pounds gained back after a year of starvation, will verify this for you).

2) you can lose your hair, your nails will crack, you lose your vitamins and all kinds of stuff will offset your body chemistry. Your periods, if you're a girl, can cease. This can set off panic attacks, deepen depression, and all kinds of other psychological issues. So not only will your body turn against you, but so will your mind and heart.

3) getting yourself out of the problems that starvation causes you is harder than simply lowering your calorie intake and walking a few extra minutes a day. I'm still working on mine.

Please reconsider this. The yo-yo dieting and starvation binges (or bulemic purging) are not worth the long-term effects. Its better to be happy in a size 13 than anorexic in a size 0, and dying, or more miserable at a size 23.
  6. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

You'll lose weight from not eating for sure, but you'll also gain it back twice as fast as you lost it.

Not to mention most guys do not like it when women are skeletons. It makes them lose their "womenly" shape.
  7. AtomicsAsylum

AtomicsAsylum Account Closed

i can understand why you are doing this i feel the same way too
    if you ever need to talk just pm me
  8. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi christele..

What you are planning to do is very dangerous.. I totally agree with Brighid's post. Losing weight will not happen over night, its a slow process. If you go on a fad diet, sure you will lose a couple of lbs but it would be nearly impossible to retain that.
    In the long term, you'd be better off going for a lifestyle change, slow and steady weight loss. Try http://www.fitday.com/ it tracks everything for you :)
  9. TWF

TWF Well-Known Member

^^^^^That is why we have a thing called 'diet', I needn't explain more.
  10. savetoniqht

savetoniqht Well-Known Member

I think everyone posting here understands what that feels like, but not eating is clearly not the way to do it. And I'm sure you know that. Everyone else has already given you the facts about why that's the wrong approach. just try eating healthy and exercising.
  11. nok1888

nok1888 Well-Known Member

You said it yourself, Just a bit chubby this isnt really "so fat". now IM so fat! lol

Anyway, even a slight weight gain can seem like SO much to the person but others wont see it as that way. I put on 120 lbs in 5 years because of my pills, everyone of them causes weight gain now im stuck with it.
  12. I-Died-In-My-Dream

I-Died-In-My-Dream Well-Known Member

I ate the chocolates from the social worker, I failed :(

They're changing my meds tomorrow so it should be okay for me to eat now anyway.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2009
  13. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

chocolate is hard to resist :cake: and did you know its got good chemicals to make you happy? its only temporary of course...but chocolate is sooo good:stars:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.