I'm new and desperate

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Beckles has freckles, Jun 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Okay.. Well a little history about me: I've struggled with depression for like seven years, I've self harmed, I've made a couple suicide attempts, I've had a couple hospital stays. I'm 21 and I have an eight month old son. I'm on psych meds and get therapy. My depression is hitting me really hard these past two or three months. There's a lot going on in my life. A ton of stress. I don't think I've ever felt this low.. But it's so different this time around, because now I have a reason to live.. My son.. My future.. I desperately want to live and make it through this, but I don't think I can fight it much longer. I know all the coping techniques I should use, all the venting, and art, and distractions, and vision boards, and grounding, and all of it. I know it all. I know what things help combat depression, but my god nothing is working. I've tried so hard. I've given it all. And I can't pull myself out of this one. I can't cope with the stress. I can't deal with it all. I'm so desperate.. I just want to get better and I'm terrified I'm not even make it through this month...
  2. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome to the forum. I am so sorry to hear that you are suffering but it's about dealing with the stress hour by hour. You future is your son who is so young at the moment. Your son will never understand but use him as your healing process. You need to stay strong and be around people who can help. Please do not think you are alone as we all here understand what you are going through. Initially it's hard but we will help you. Please keep posting as we can help you. Take care and be safe.
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi there and welcome to SF. I'm really sorry to hear you are struggling so much, you say you know all the coping mechanisms etc.. would you be able to ask your prescriber for some extra help, explain how badly you are really feeling and hopefully they can sort something out. I wish you the best and hope you find this forum supportive and friendly to you during this difficult time in your life.
  4. ja123

ja123 New Member

Keep posting and letting us know how you are going. I'm just taking a day at a time, some days it takes me about 6 hours to get going. Hang in there. Be strong
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.