I'm new and feeling down.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by BrandNewScars, Jun 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrandNewScars

BrandNewScars Member

Well I'm new and I'm feeling really down. I'm 16 and just started study leave, the last few weeks I've been feeling down and I don't know why. I've been thinking of suicide for a long while but never tried it (yet). I havn't got the worst life but mine just seems to go down hill and never going up. Please help me, I will elaborate.
  2. MadeOfGlass

MadeOfGlass Well-Known Member

Hey there, :welcome: to the forums. I'm Sarah, and if you ever need someone, I'm on a lot, and if I'm not, don't hesitate to shoot me a pm. Keep posting, and I hope you find the support you need here.

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hey welcome to SF have you talked to your parents about how you are feeling talked to your doctor anyone. It is good you reached out here for support as there are people who understand here. It would be better also to talk to someone in real life to perhaps get you sometherapy to help take those thoughts away. nice to see you reaching out here.
  4. BrandNewScars

BrandNewScars Member

Firstly, thank you Sarah. I havn't talked to anyone about it, my mother would freak and I don't speak to my father and talking to my doctor would make me feel strange. I've never thought I would want to commit suicide but these few days It just feels like It's the best option for me.
  5. alices_ponder

alices_ponder Well-Known Member

Hello <3
    I'm new on here too but I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone. I can understand what you mean about telling your parents- my mother told me a few years ago that people with depression were lunatics and need to be locked away and when I need help the most I had no support. Until I told one of my best friends who became concerned and then her mum took me to the doctor and I was then diagnosed with bi-polar depression.
    It can be hard but going to the doctor can help. :stars: have some good luck dust baby doll! And just know that life is hard, but you can always find help in struggle.

How about you try going to a doctor? Maybe even just ringing one and explaining over the phone? <3 xoxooxoxoxo
  6. BrandNewScars

BrandNewScars Member

Thank you for you kind help. My mother tries to hard if i told her about it she would tell my friends my whole family and she would call me nuts. So sorry to hear that you've got that, I hope your okay. I'm to scared to go to the doctors or talk to anyone. Earlier I sat ontop of a cliff earlyier thinkin for 2 hours straight just thinking..

Thanks xxxxx
  7. alices_ponder

Your welcome sweetheart. I can understand that with your mother, so perhaps do not talk to her about it. I know that parents can be tough when it comes to these things, and only you know how your parents will take it- not us people on the internet :zipped:
    I still think talking to a doctor would be a good idea but I know it can be scary. I am TERRIFIED of my doctor! I mean he is an amazing doctor and a great guy but for some reason I am just scared of him and that's the why it is. When your scared.. your scared and nothing can change that baby :hugtackles:

If you want to talk, you can talk to me :) anytime. Because I know how it feels to feel completely alone, even when your in a place full of people.. and it is hard. But it isn't something that will just go away <3 You have to find the right kind of help.. xoxoxoxooxox
  8. BrandNewScars

BrandNewScars Member

Thank you again. Yeah my mother is a pain when it comes to these things... she'll just blame it all on a girl, typical. A doctor does sound like a good thing, although my doctor is very busy and it takes weeks to get an apointment with him it's really really hard. Thank you, I am here for you also, yeah I talk to people and yet i still feel like noone wants me in this world. I feel like everyone hates me and everyone is out to get me.
  9. alices_ponder

I know how you can feel <3 doctors can be hard to get a hold of at times but do not worry- if you ring for an appointment you will get one soon:) wait it out! :cazza: and i will be here to chat to until that time! xxoxoxo
  10. BrandNewScars

BrandNewScars Member

Thank you again :)
  11. Teryan

Teryan Active Member

Your mum sounds pretty much like my mum. If talking to your parents aint an option then doctors (like what alices_ponder said) should be your second, if your appointment with the doc/shrink is weeks away then you have your friends and i'm sure you have friends.. if you fail to see that then you the people here.. and i'm sure all of us here are looking out for each other
  12. alices_ponder

Your very welcome darling :hugtackles:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.