i'm new and i want your opinion, please...and i don't know if this is triggering srry

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by bluekangaroo, Jun 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluekangaroo

bluekangaroo Active Member

alright, so i'm not sure if this is where i need to come at all but i really want to know if i should even be here. am i sad? of course. basically, i have no friends, my family is fine but everyone else is happy and i'm just not. i've previously struggled with ed. i'm extremely disappointed in myself in so many ways. i don't play trumpet well enough. i don't get high enough grades. i'm not skinny enough. i'm not pretty enough. et cetera. Sometimes i'm happy. but then i'm also really upset and sad at others. which makes me wonder if i'm not supposed to be here, since i'm sometimes happy. but i do hurt myself. i did when i had my ed when i would eat too much, and after i recovered (which was very hard and i feel myself slipping back which i guess in one *large* state of mind i'm happy about.) i hadn't cut since but then lately i've been really down and so i cut myself today and maybe this is weird that i thought it was kind of cool but i cut in a heart shape. anyway, sorry if this was triggering. and i don't know if i'm supposed to be here. so let me know if i should hit the road or if i am in the right place. i want to be happy again. i want to feel like getting out of bed and looking in the mirror (a lot of the time i just really really want to cry when i look at myself.) but i also wonder... am i just a stupid teenager that doesn't deal with her problems well?

sorry. comments would be appreciated. thanks.

2. John6491

John6491 Well-Known Member

Re: i'm new and i want your opinion, please...and i don't know if this is triggering

First off let me welcome you to sf and also you have come to the right place and we will help you as much as we can.
    And I can relate to a lot that you are going through and if you want you can send me a PM and we can talk a bit more.
    tc :hug:

(wish I could say more but I'm to tired to think lol)

3. Beret

Beret Staff Alumni

Re: i'm new and i want your opinion, please...and i don't know if this is triggering

:welcome: to SF. Yea i guess many of us can relate quite a bit, never feeling good enough or happy. Hope you will find support here.

4. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to SF. You have come to the right place to find others that can relate to your situation and the issues you are dealing with. I hope you are able to find support and comfort in our words. Take care and please stay safe. :hug:

5. Re: i'm new and i want your opinion, please...and i don't know if this is triggering

hi, welcome to SF :D of course you've come to the right place, if not then i should probably go too! so many of the things that you've mentioned are things that worry me too, so feel free to PM me whenever you like, and i'll try to help you with whatever i can.
    yes, you are a teenager, yes, you probably aren't dealing with your problems as well as you could be, but i can almost guarantee that you aren't stupid, how could you be when the smartest thing anyone can do is ask for help when they need it, which is what you have done by coming here. so have a look around, see what some other people have to say on the things that are bothering you, and i hope you get all the help you need :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.