I'm new and I'm scared

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by leane, May 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leane

leane New Member

And so sad and lonely. I can't stop crying. My mom died 3 weeks ago and it just hurts so bad. I just need a hug or someone to tell me it;s going to be okay. I can't see it being okay.

2. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Hi leane, welcome to SF. I'm so sorry to hear about your mom...I wish I knew exactly what to say...it's always hard when you lose someone. But you can talk to us here and we'll be happy to help and support you through this. You can talk to me anytime you'd like.

3. leane

leane New Member

Thank you for taking the time to read and reply. The truth is, I have been on constant verge of tears for years really, but with her passing, I just can't get through a day without crying all the time. I also have a daughter who is not speaking to me- quite honestly, she's become very venomous. I have been thinking alot lately that I really have nothing to look forward to. I don't even deal with people at work anymore. Your tag line is quite fitting- I am tired of being the person who works to make everyone else happy- no one ever stops to wonder if I need anything.

4. Moat

Moat Banned Member

G;day.

My apologies to hear about your mum's recent passing. Should you ever wish it, you are free to contact me at any time of the day or night. I am pretty much online here at all hours to offer an ear or lend a hand so that people can find even a small reason to smile each day.
    3 weeks is not all that long ago, so you are still well and truely in the middle of your grieving period and it is natural that you will feel this way for quite some time to come, given that you were so close to hr (based on how hard you are taking the situation.) Unfortunately there is nothing you can do but give it time to play through your emotions however hard it seems and realise that while you will always miss her and find yourself deeply saddened by her passing for the rest of your life, these emotions will not always take over you and things do get a little easier with time. As long as you do not rush them in any way.

Unfortunately, there is nothing I can say to help you with your situation with your daughter unless knowing a little more about it, but that is a private matter and I do not ask anyone to speak of private matters, but rather wait until they wish to share them.
    I also quite like Witty_Sarcasm's quote line, but I do not really think of it as a bad thing. It can be quite exhausting to find yourself helping everyone else and being sure that they are happy in all aspects of life, but even though it does sometimes make you feel shut out from the World physically and emotionally, I have always believed that from all the work you do, if it makes even one person smile or feel good about themselves for just one moment, then your entire purpose for being in the World has had meaning. For most people, that is not nearly enough to make them feel better, but for me, that one moment where you are able to brighten someone's day makes up for everything.

5. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

hi leane adn a warm welcome to SF's.. have you ever tried therapy with a good professional?? some kind, caring and competant saved my life not many years ago.. someone who during the session only has you and your welfare in mind can be very good..

our chatrooms are busy adn so are the forum topics.. look around some and have any questions, please let us know.. Jim

6. StevenSiew

StevenSiew Well-Known Member

The human being is a very tough animal and can survive many many adversities. As long as you have a desire to live and there are people around you who cares about you, you will survive.

7. leane

leane New Member

I went to my doctor today and she put me on an anti-depressant. I don't really have any close friends, so I haven't had anyone to talk to about this. Today I feel a little better.

8. kristy1970

kristy1970 Active Member

Hi Leane, I'm new too and have lost my mom, dad & newphew recently so I understand. I am so sorry for the loss of your mother. God bless and take care.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.