I'm new. Give me a reason to live.

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by spacemonkey, Feb 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spacemonkey

spacemonkey New Member

Ok, so I'm not going to go into my history just right now. I actually found this forum looking for a forum that was in support of committing suicide. Instead I found this. I've been trying to research further into <Mod Edit: WildCherry: Methods>, which sounds like a great way to die. I've attempted suicide several times in the past, by cutting my wrists, and also trying to overdose. Believe it or not, I took over <Mod Edit, WildCherry: Methods> once in the effort to kill myself and woke up the next day, unable to talk or barely walk. That has been a few years back. Since then, I spend my time living with my mom (almost 30 freaking years old), playing an rpg game...passing time....trying to forget about my life or that I even exist....could care less about my life or myself...not really sure what to do. I guess I should say I suffer from what I would call extreme social anxiety. This has really crippled me. I can't even think about working right now. Its caused severe depression. I don't even really know what I'm doing here, I guess its basically a cry for help, cuz I simply don't know what to do. I'm almost certain I'm going to end up killing myself, fairly soon really. I'd give it 1 year. I don't have a place in society. Society has never accepted me, I hate myself, Im weird, I will never fit in, I can't work, unless its some job where I'm working by myself, and I've never found a job like that. So yeah, basically I'm asking you nice people, why, oh why should I continue to live?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2010
  2. Datura

Datura Well-Known Member

So you can overcome your social anxiety and live the way you want.

3. jxdama

jxdama Staff Member Safety & Support

we are here for you and we love you

4. Anni

Anni Well-Known Member

don't do anything badddd. talk to people here. ull make some good friends and theyll really help. :)

5. Avarice

Avarice Well-Known Member

You sound a hell of a lot like me, which has actually scared me a bit now. I have very very bad social anxiety, so much so that I dropped out of university and have now been unemployed and doing nothing but living with my mum and playing RPG games every day since September. I too can't even comprehend getting a job that involves socializing, dealing with customers, or anything too stressful; sitting at a desk all day filing sounds just about perfect, actually. So I really do know where you are coming from here, as we're in very much the same boat.

Have you tried getting help from your family doctor and getting referred for treatment in therapy and such? Also, have you looked into Cognitive Behavioural Therapy? I bought a book off of Amazon called "Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Dummies" and although it hasn't cured me just yet, it sure does help me identify where the errors in my thinking are and how to get the right help, etc. Though getting professional help can be a bit of a catch 22 since you don't really want to socialize yet you have to to some extent in order to get better, can't it? :( I'm here if you need to talk about anything though. I really do understand where you're coming from. :hug:

6. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

You should really try to get into therapy.. I have socialphobia along with several other problems..I have been in therapy for four years and she has me to the point where I can get out of the house in the mornings before the crowds get up and about.. I am far from being able to work but it is a long term goal of mine..Have you tried working in a warehouse?? You only have to deal with your boss and a couple of coworkers..I worked the night shift so I had the warehouse all to myself..That was years ago..Just a thought.. But think about the therapy o.k.????

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.