I'm new here, and I'm f****d up too.

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by pit, Apr 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pit

pit Well-Known Member

Greetings. Sad to be here. First of all, I'm upset that the site I posted on, TakeThisLife.com is gone. Especially when that was a home to me when ASH.com wouldn't even let me post.

Anyway, I'm a 41 year old male currently in school. I've got no parents, no brothers or sisters, no family, just a couple friends and a sometime girlfriend. I'm unemployed and I can barely afford my health insurance right now.

I've been to therapists galore in my early teens, late teens, twenties, and thirties. What finally worked for me is 12 step/ ACOA/ depression support groups. When I can listen to other people's stories and share my own, I get a better perspective on things.

Maybe I can share some things that will help you guys out and get to know your stories as well.
  2. TLA

TLA Antiquitie's Friend

:welcome: to SF.....take care. :smile:
  3. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

Welcome to SF

I hope to see you around the forum and hear some of your storied.

Please take care.

Vikki :hug:
  4. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

Welcome to the site. If you ever want to talk about anythng, you are always welcome to PM me. Take care :hug:
  5. pit

pit Well-Known Member

Your bouncing cat makes me laugh!

Anyway, I was so upset when they got rid of TakeThisLife.com. I felt that it was the result of the Virginia Tech tragedy, that everybody was going to discriminate against suicidal or emotionally disturbed people. I'm glad I found this site.
  6. downmage

downmage Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF!!!
  7. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to SF. I hope we can be of help to you and vice versa. You are right about the Virginia Tech shootings. I shared your same thought. Sad really to think that it can bring such a set back, but nothing in comparison to what it has done emotionally to so many thousands of people. The fallout will be noticed for years to come.
  8. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

Hi, and welcome to SF :)

:welcome: and I hope to see you around :)

Take care,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.