I'm new here

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by RynShadows, Nov 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RynShadows

RynShadows New Member

Hello everyone. I'm brand new to this forum.

I didn't come here to get help at the moment, instead I came to try and support others, because I know how overwhelming and depressing life can get sometimes.

I have never attempted suicide, but I have struggled with depression for years now, on and off. I have really low points where I don't feel like living anymore, but I'm always able to see just a little bit of light. Remember, it's always darkest before dawn!

I wanted to join a forum like this one so that I could try and talk to those of you who are currently suffering enough to want to end things. I want to be one of those people here for you so that you can talk and get the support you need. ^_^

I have my dark episodes as well, but I think being on here helping others will help me feel better too.

Some basic information about me~

One of my online aliases is Ryn. I'm currently 21 years old (almost 22!) and a senior in college. I'm studying history, English, and East Asian studies. My hobbies include reading, writing, playing video games, watching historical documentaries, and learning languages. I'm really consumed with Korean and Japanese culture, so those are the two languages I am currently studying.

It's almost exam week here. In fact, I have to finish up this post quickly so I can study for a test and write a paper! I'll be on here in my free time, and I'm looking forward to meeting you guys.

Have a good evening everyone. Stay strong. <3
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi RynShadows welcome to SF nice to meet you
  3. RynShadows

RynShadows New Member

Hi total eclipse! Nice to meet you too ^_^
  4. letty

letty Banned Member

Welcome to the forum RynShadows
  5. mackaroni

mackaroni Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF!

Take your time and take care of you!

Hope to see you around!
  6. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Glad you found our forum and look forward to getting to know you. Good luck on the exams and paper this week !

Take Care

7. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

My goodness - anyone who can learn both Korean and Japanese at the same time must be an absolute genius!! Welcome Ryn, good to have you on board :)
  8. sucidalgirl99

sucidalgirl99 Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.