I'm new here

Status
Not open for further replies.
I everyone. My name is Thomas. (I'm really creative when it comes to usernames).

I decided to join this site because I need help. My best friend since 7th grade killed himself three years ago. We were both 21. It was the worse thing to ever happen to me. I try and try to find ways to get over it but it still weighs me down. I have so much trouble talking about it with people too. Maybe the wall of the internet will help me break out of that. As a result I'm anxious and scared. I don't think anything will ever work out. I'm scared to meet new people and make friends. All the things I used to like (basically everything I did with my best friend) I don't like anymore. Life has gotten better in the past three years. I got married to the most beautiful, wonderful woman in the world. :) but still, my friend's suicide weighs me down... Sometimes, I want to join him. Not as much as I did 3 or 2 or even last year. But still, I wonder how I'm supposed to carry on or how things can ever get better. I fill like there's a hole in my being.

I look forward to connecting with you all. I feel like what few family and friends I have don't know how to help me. They have never gone through what I'm going through. They still love me and care about me but still.

BlueHealingHeart

Hello Thomas and wanted to welcome you to the forum! :)

I'm sorry with what you had to go through, I never experienced anything like it before but I can understand why you're still having trouble coping with it. Although I do understand what it's like to be anxious and scared, I suffer with that quite a bit actually. This is a good forum and a supportive place. Been here for awhile now and even made a few new friends even. It surprised me cause I didn't think anyone could possibly connect with me or understand the type of pain I was going through. However there's lots of people here and be very supportive of you. Look forward to seeing you more amoung the boards. :)

Take care and good luck with everything! :hug:

WildCherry

Owner Emeritus
Hi and welcome. I know the pain of losing someoen close to me to suicide, and I think many others here know that pain too. :( I'm sorry you've had to experience it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00