I'm new here

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by lyra86, Nov 14, 2013.

1. lyra86

lyra86 New Member

I've been overshadowed by dark thoughts and sadness for as long as I can remember.
    I begged for help 11 years ago and was basically laughed at. I was made to feel ashamed. My self harming was laughed at as 'only scratches'
    I recently moved back to England and tried asking for help again.
    I have been laughed at by my family who tell me I should stop being selfish and that everyone has bad days.
    I went back to my GP and was told that I am probably someone whose personality is just miserable . I was offered no help.
    I have few friends and those I do have don't have time to listen to me or are sick and tired of me relying on them.
    I spend hours alone and alienate myself even though I cant bare feeling this alone anymore. I want the pain to go away. I've taken to self harming again because its is the only way I know how to cope.
    I don't want to cry anymore, I don't want to be so alone but its a viscious cycle. Alienation, feeling alone, and becoming increasingly socially inept....
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi lyra86 sorry your doctor is inept really I think it is time to get a new doctor one that will not only listen but will get you the supports you need to heal ok
    Depression is treatable tell your gp to listen and to help you or else get a new doc ok hun You deserve better
  3. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

nothing of what you said felt laughable to me, I'm sorry that your friends and family think that way. You do matter, and your issues are real. If one doctor doesn't understand, don't give up and get a new one. Until one of them sees you and wants to help you...

In the beginning, I was abused and was depressed, I went to a school psychologist and he said that I was lying and believing my lies. I tried to reach out to a teacher and she didn't help me at all. So I kept on fighting because I knew that it wasn't in my head and I didn't make it up. Then I ended up meeting a therapist at the hospital that finally believed me, and thanks to her I got help...

so don't give up no matter who closes the door in your face, eventually one will open wide and welcome you with open arms...and know that here is a great place to get support and thoughts, so feel free to talk on here and express yourself :)
  4. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Hi Lyra. What a beautiful name. I am really sorry this is happening to you. Please do not give up. We can be your cheerleaders here to help you to keep trying to get help, as difficult and demeaning as that can be. like morning rush said about herself, it sometimes takes many tries. In England it can be tougher. But the help is there. People here can help you while you are reaching out if you would like.

Would you be interested in calling the samaritans? Sometimes they can help people to find what they need. If you do not get a good experience calling them, please call back a different time and talk with a different person. Or even email. I will give you a link to their website. http://www.samaritans.org/how-we-can-help-you/contact-us This is for their phone and/or email contact. I hope this helps. I am very glad you are here. This is a good community. Please know that you are not alone when you are here. I hope this is the first of many posts. :hugtackles:
  5. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

I am sorry you have had difficulty getting help due to people not taking you seriously. There is an organization that has been spoken highly of by many in the UK http://www.mind.org.uk/ that can sometimes help advocate for you to get the proper treatment if your GP will not listen, try calling ot emailing them as well and see if they have some ideas. We are always here to listen as well.