I'm new here

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Den, Nov 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Den

Den New Member

I really don't know what to say here so ill just introduce myself. I'm 25 years old and I struggled with addiction for a lot of my life. I went to rehab about 6 months ago and haven't used any hard drugs since than. I thought things would get better not getting high but I'm more depressed than ever. I feel completely alone. I think everyone around liked the old me better because I was more outgoing in that state of mind. I had plenty of friends and almost always had a girlfriend. I've become anti social. I lost my girl. I lost my job about 6 weeks ago and now and spend all my time alone. I've been thinking about doing things to myself for a while now but I can feel it's getting closer and closer to happening. Last night was really bad. I just want to be happy and not alone..

2. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome to the forum. I can understand what you are going through. Firstly, please refrain from doing anything. You should be proud of yourself not taking hard drugs. That's something hard to achieve for person. You need to speak to a therapist as your situation will only get worse. Do not think you are the only one in the world suffering but we all here suffer in one way or another. Just think that someone in the world really cares about you. You are important and please remember that.

Life is important and that includes YOU.

2 people like this.
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Den & welcome to the forum, congratulations on being clean for 6 months, you are doing amazing, a lot of people do not have the strength to do that so way to go :)

What type of support system do you have around you now? Do you have a counsellor? You need to build up the supports around you and work from there. feel free to tell us more if you wish.

4. Den

Den New Member

I had a very big support system where I went 6 months ago but that's on the other side of the country. Here at home I have absolutely no support system. Most friends are still using or passed away. I still have friends doing the right thing, but they don't keep in touch too much any more and can hardly relate. My family is supportive in some ways, but they have absolutely no clue what kind of state of mind I'm in. My thoughts are getting worse. It was bad a few nights ago when I made this profile but now it's 100x worse I even have a plan. I should be talking to a counselor but I don't have one right now. I feel like I have no motivation left in me for that. I had a therapist 6 months ago in Florida but didn't get a new one when I came home. These posts are the only time I've opened up about what's going on in my mind. I'm so alone in my thoughts, this is the closest thing to support for me right now.

5. Den

Den New Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.