1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm new here

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by dfarrell, Jan 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dfarrell

    dfarrell New Member

    HI there, my wife and I separated about 7 months ago and I have not been doing well since. I cry every day and just want to sleep. My life right now is to go to work and come home. I'm really lonely. I think I have some sort of depression going on but I don't know what to do next. How do I talk to a doctor. I feel like an idiot going and complaining about this. I'm a 32 year old male.
  2. Sadeyes

    Sadeyes Staff Alumni

    Hi and welcome...I think it is wise to seek professional support when it is needed...why not tell your MD/GP how you are doing and see what s/he recommends? That way you start the process...sorry you are not doing well and welcome again...J
  3. MagicFerret

    MagicFerret Active Member

    Hi there, Its best you speak to your gp i am 34 and belive me it is hard to admit it to someone but once you do and yor gp knows they will help. I suffered for years because i felt embarased then one day after an overdose i decided to come clean. now i have lots of support. I am still very unstable and not well but i have people i can tal too. dont feel embarased. Even call the samaratans they are there to talk and can help you on the road to recovery. Hope you feel better soon
  4. dazzle11215

    dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

    just tell your doctor what you told us. that you've been crying alot. that you feel depressed. that you are feeling suicidal. then let them help. they may refer you to a psychiatrist or community mental health. don't panic, it's just for more support. it will be okay. he/she might recommend antidepressants. be careful when you first start on them, sometimes your energy lifts before your mood and you end up more suicidal. let your doctor know right away if that happens.

    i talked to my doctor about my feelings about 3 years ago and it was the best thing i ever did. he got me help. more help than i ever imagined.
  5. total eclipse

    total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

    Hi dfarrell i am sorry about your seperation. It sounds like you are grieving so much the loss of your partner. I think you should talk to your doctor set up some therapy for you and get on some meds. Is your wife willing to go into marriage councilling to try and salvage the marriage If not you can go into councilling independantly but get help okay hugs
  6. theoriginallady

    theoriginallady New Member

    Hey I just wanted to drop you a line and let you know that I am going through something similar. Keep your head up, Don't give up.
  7. RDF

    RDF Guest

    Went through a divorce after being married 12 years.. Went to counseling just so i could function again. I know what you mean by just working and crying and feeling like a robot. PM me if you ever want to talk. It does get better.
  8. kote

    kote Account Closed

    im just a year older than you but have been "sick" for about 4 years now.
    i just broke down and sought help.
    im still walking a very thin line but i also have the good days too.
    try to get the right mix of medicine for you and a support network or drs. councillors, social workers, volunteers etc.
    ive manage to gather a huge support network and through them i can just about make it though the hard times.
    the people on this forum are literally life savers so please stay around a while and find your feet. everyone is very welcoming!!!
  9. Ravenwing

    Ravenwing Well-Known Member

    Do you live in the UK? If you do, The Samaritans have already been mentioned to you. Please give them a call. Make an appointment with your doctor and tell them what you've told us. Things will go on from there. It will also help if you write down everything you are feeling/going through. You can give that to your doctor to read. But please do seek the help. Keep talking to us on here as well. :hug:
  10. me myself and i

    me myself and i Account Closed

    Seperation is never easy from a loved one.
    Amongst feelings of loss,rejection and guilt are often anger and bitterness.
    Seperation can feel like a living bereavement.
    First step is to forgive and like yourself again, not easy, but if you can achieve this, then can move on.
    Lonleyness is a state of mind, try to be content in your own company.
    Look inside and become the man you truly wish to be.
    Read some posts, make a few, many share your pain, I for one share some of your story.
    Men often display depression as anger, be careful.
    I am often around, if you wish to talk about this some more, please pm me.
    I wish you well, often there are new pages to be turned in life, turn them, the old ink will bleed thru, so keep turning, with love and compassion, for yourself and your wife.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.